Chapter 55

Nov 5th
Julliard School
Morning

Solána

The next day , I sit in my music class with a newfound confidence. I was still on my high from yesterday with Nokia, and I couldn't come down.

          I felt so good, and on top of the world. Nothing could ruin my mood today.

           Because, I , Solána Imani Rowe, had sung in a mall, in front of so many people.

All thanks to Nokia.

         I had been struggling with stage fright for years, and just like that it was defeated.

   And For the first time I felt like I was making a big change in my life. Thanks to her.

          When I was with her, I just felt different. She makes me feel like somebody. She makes me feel like I can do anything. She's so supportive of me.

     Yes it was wild how she went about it ,but it worked.

      Here I was, living my dream.

       The bell rung knocking me out my thoughts. And I sprang out my seat excited as ever to go to poetry class. Excited to see her.

I walk down the halls until I get to the classroom. Once I'm in,  I sit in our regular spot.

           Shortly after, In walks a tired looking Nokia.

For the first time , she actually looked like death. She had on pajamas, her hair was messy, and bags were under her eyes.

           Jeez Louise. What was she up doing last night, after dropping me off?

She walks in my direction, and finally makes her way next to me. She plops in the seat, putting her head down on her desk.

" Well hello ,and good morning to you too." I say, getting her attention.

She looks at me with a tired smirk.

" Wassup. I'm really tired today." She looks at me again.

I can see that.

" What were you up doing?" I ask suspiciously.

" Homework. I was a little behind on homework,  but I'm caught up now." She yawns, scratching her head.

I start to feel a little guilty. Was it because of me? We had been hanging out a lot.

" It's not your fault, I was behind before we even hung out. Don't worry about it." She reassures me ,as if she could read my mind.

" Okay."

            I go in my bag, grabbing things out. Two muffins and two coffees in canteens that would keep them warm.

For me and for  her.

             " Here, I brought you breakfast. Since you always are giving me stuff, plus you look like you could use it." I slide the things on her desk.