Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

We look up to see a boy. "You're right... It's his last battle" he said. I pant... I use the Sharingan too much. I'm drained. Then the boy took Zabuza and vanished. I collapse to my knees and hands. Sasuke instantly went to my side "Y/N! You okay?" He asks. "I'm okay... Just exhausted" I say. Then everything turns black.

-Sasuke's Confession-

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up to a throbbing pain in my head. I clutch my head and try to sit up. I fall back on the bed as I let out a groan.

"Don't force yourself, Y/N" I heard someone said. I turn my head to see Sasuke. I just nod my head. "I thought you say you're okay, Y/N. You're not okay, you have a fever now" he said. I roll my eyes in respond "it's not like I plan on being sick, Sasuke. I overused my Sharingan... I guess that's what makes me sick now" I say, closing my eyes.

There's a moment of silent, until Sasuke breaks it. "Hey... Just out of curiosity. When did you first activate your Sharingan?" He asks. I turn my head to look at him. "When I was 7" I said. "What happen? What kind of emotion do you feel that triggers your Sharingan to activate?" He asks again. I sigh as I look away from him "Sasuke.... It's not something I like to talk about" I said. "Why?" He asks again. "It brings back bad memories" I said. "Is it have something to do with your disappearance?" He asks, yet again. "What's up with all the question?! Why'd you suddenly so interested in my life?" I said a little too harsh then I intended to be. He flinch at my harsh tone. I sigh "sorry... I didn't mean to be so harsh to you" I said. "It's okay... I shouldn't have ask you too much" he said.

I move myself into sitting position. "Y/N... You need to rest" Sasuke said. "I'm okay..." I said. I hug my knees close to my chest. "If you really want to know... I guess I could tell you" I say. "You don't have to if you don't want to" he said. "I want to... We came from the same clan... We are technically a family" I said. He nod his head.

I take a deep breath. "When I was a kid.... All I have is my mom and little Brother. My Father died during the Shinobi War. My mom is sick from her cancer that time.... It makes me in charge of my family, I have to take care of them. It's so hard for us to survive... We can't barely make a living, despite coming from an elite clan" I pause. Sasuke just sit there in silent, listening to me.

I take a moment before continuing. "Things started to change, when I find out something about me....

Flashback

I'm cooking dinner for my mom and little Brother. Mom is watching me weakly from her seat.

I'm cutting some vegetables. Then I accidentally cut my finger. I shriek in pain. My Mom rushed over to my side as fast as her weak body allows her. When she was next to me, she gently held my hand. She place my hand on her mouth as she starts to lick my blood clean. Then my mom looks better"

End of Flashback

... That's when I realise that my blood could heal any type of illness. My mom told me to keep it a secret. She told me that I will be the main target if anyone finds out... Everything starts to go down hill, when those bandits finds out" I said. "Wait... Bandits? Is it the same bandits that Zabuza guy mentioned?" Sasuke asks. I nod my head in respond, confirming to him that it's true. "They find out when I was playing with my little Brother, then he fell off. As a Sister, I can let him be in pain. So I cut my hand and heal his wound. I've made sure no one was around when I did. But I'm just a kid, my sensory isn't strong enough" I said. I look down as I start to shake as I remember the part where I lost everything.

"Then one day.... I was running back home as it's almost time for dinner. But..." Tears begin to stream down my face. Sasuke rubs my back, trying to calm me down. "What I see is not my Mom welcoming me home... W-What I see is what I wish I n-never have to w-witness" I said. I look up at Sasuke, with my eyes that is blurry by the tears. "M-my m-Mom and little b-Brother is laying in the m-middle of b-blood p-pool, and t-they're... Dead" I choke a sob. Sasuke pulls me into a hug and continue to rub circle on my back, waiting me to calm down.

Once I did I pull away and wipe my tears. I look at Sasuke. "Those bandits is right behind me... I try to fight back, but they're all stronger than me. They easily knock me out and took me away.... Far away from Konoha. In their base... They would constantly come to my cell and cut me, just to heal their wounded member so they could continue their criminal act. The fear I felt in me is what triggers my Sharingan to activate. Soon... I got tired of it. I refuse to be use as a tool for their evil desire. So I break free and run away. That's why I'm here now" I say. Sasuke just looks at me, he didn't say anything.

I start shaking. "Zabuza said they're hunting me... I'm scared Sasuke. I don't want to go back... I don't want to" I cried out. Sasuke hugs me again "shh... I won't let them get you, Y/N. I will protect you" he said. I pull slightly away from him "why? Why do you care so much for me?" I asks. He cup my cheeks "because.... I'm in love with you" he said. I froze when I feel his lips on mine. But I slowly close my eyes and kiss him back.

We pulled away for air. Sasuke place his forehead against mine. "Y/N... Will you be mine?" He asks. I smile and nod my head. He smiles happily and kiss me again. Then he pulls away, but still keep me in his arms "I love you, Y/N..." He whispers in my ear. "I love you too, Sasuke" I say. He kept me in his arm until I fall asleep.

*to be continued*