Prologue: Three Years Before

Glass shards soaked in blood, stayed neatly stabbed into the walls. Every single corner, covered in the slightly shimmering red tinted pieces. As if a bomb had exploded in the large room. A room once decorated with just the pure light from the windows far above and the shimmering stones down below. All the decoration left now were two wolves hanging from the walls, pierced into them by the force of some of the glass shards, and five men toppled over on their knees. Seeming their last words were to simply cough up as much blood as they could. By this count, seven men were dead.

Two men are before each other. The first is holding a crown in his hand and a knife in the other. The second is on the ground, his eyes facing the floor while his hands press against the exotic hardwood. Staining red the expensive material with each passing second. They know what they need to do. 

The second speaks.

"Brother... King, I have but one favor to ask."  The King drops his crown. 

"What, Yang." 

Yang pauses for a moment at hearing his brother's deep voice. Pained, but as resonant as usual. A voice so clear even the dark skies above could hear him. His aura had been yellow since he first entered the room. A bright yellow like the sun, blazing all around his body, ceasing to dissipate in the usual fashion that auras do. It takes all the strength left in Yang to speak his plea.

"Please spare Tei, he knew nothing of their plans." His brother nods in agreement. Bringing the blade up to Yang's face. 

He whispers, "It's only you I must kill." 

"I committed treason, of course, there is no excuse." The King knew this, but no one else would. All of this. The yellow aura became brighter. 

The King questions still, "You could've asked me-" but Yang stops him with a challenging look. A look never to be made to an Alpha, let alone the King.  Yet the King obeys, as his brother and his brother alone. His Alpha status meaning nothing in this moment, but he wish it had. This treason would have never happened had these brothers stayed in their place. 

The consequence of fighting destiny. Following it.  They both only did what they knew was right. 

Yang can't let his brother doubt him now. Not as the King. For that is his fate. 

They stare at each other. The only sound that can be heard is the subtle drip of liquid falling from some of the shards. After a moment Yang pulls that book from his inner pocket, tossing it before his brother's feet. He rambles.

"And let you die? Never. You have your mate, remember? All I have is you; all I needed, was you." This was Yang's fate. 

"I'm sorry." The only thought crossing the King's mind.

"As long as the sun is still warm when you wake, it was worth it." The yellow finally fades. The knife shimmers, closer than it ever should have been to Yang's throat. It moves to his heart. With a long sigh, the King comments back.

"You were braver than I ever could have thought." Yang smiles. Green flashes on his aura. Finally, the King lets the knife pierce Yang's chest. Twisting it as fast as he can before pulling it out. The magic seeping into the wound with the action. Blood pours out like a flood, coating the thin royal fabric that was once colored the silver pigment which represented the third eldest. His body shakes from the pain as all the blood in him runs out.

The King drops now too, his body bent over as he holds Yang tight in his arms. 

Yang mutters out, "I-I g-got it fr-rom... you." 

The King breaths in deep. His voice higher than usual.

"Okay." 

Yang pushes the King back. 

"G-good." His body falls to the floor. Dead now too.

Eight brothers gone, and the King bears it all. With the sun still warm on his face.

This room used to be, beautiful.

A/N: Hey all! Thank you for reading! Just if anyone was curious, this prologue has been intentionally made vague. Hope you enjoy, anyways, onto the first chapter!!! :D