Chapter 9, Part 3

JONNY COOPER WAS in my bedroom. I think its the first time he's ever been in my room. He's looking around it and probably questioning everything I have in it. Like a trophy for Spelling Bee that I never got rid of, or a T-shirt I got from my mother that was three sizes too big, so I use it as a table cloth on my bedside table. He smiled at a few things then furrowed his eyebrows at a few things, which made me decide to grab his attention.

Jonny smiled at me. "Your room is so childish."

"Its not childish. Its manly, like me." I state and looked around. I don't even have action figures from as a kid, I don't have drawings of the sun and a house, I don't have stuffed toys in a pile in a corner, so no, my room is not childish.

"Whatever you say." Jonny said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes then plopped down on my bed. I stared at him. He's doing it again. He's staring. His eyes go to every piece of furniture in my bedroom, he looks at the rug and the pile of dirty clothes beside the dirty clothes hamper, then he looked up at the ceiling and the single bulb. I don't have a ceiling fan. He walked past my bed and went to the window. He looked out the window. I bit my lip softly. He looked back at me.

"You sit on your bed and stare across there?" Jonny asked me.

"That was one time." I answered. I tried not to do it any other time. I was still hiding everything I felt for him -- everything I felt. Jonny smiled and shook his head at me. I looked out the window into his bedroom, into his house and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Mrs. Regis is homophobic?" I asked.

"No. I think she just doesn't like you." Jonny shrugged. Seriously? How could she not like me? She doesn't even know me. How does she know if she likes me or not if she's never even met me. "I'd like to meet her." I told Jonny and his eyebrows shot up. "Really?" he asked.

"Yes. Really. I want to meet her."

"Soon." He nodded and I could tell he meant that. I'd like her to meet an improved version of myself. I was an asshole and I understand why she doesn't like me -- she probably overheard me talking loudly. Jonny walked to me and kissed me. I kissed him back. And then we were in bed. His hands moving along my body and his hips pressing onto mine. Jonny quickly pulled up my top and I let him raise it over my head.

New. All so very new. But I'm okay with it. It feels good. I don't think Rian and I even got this far -- we sucked as a couple.

His lips worked down my neck, leaving hickeys as they went. He went down my chest and his lips went to my nipple. His teeth grazed against it and a soft breath left my lips in complete pleasure. Who knew this would feel as good? I ran my fingers through his hair and tugged slightly at the roots. As good as he feels down there, I want him back here. When his lips met mine again, I moaned. His hand ran down my body and stopped at the waistline of my jeans.

Then suddenly my bedroom door opened. I shoved Jonny off then somehow managed to roll off the bed. My knees ached but the only thing I could think was that someone just caught me making out with a guy -- with Jonny.

"Honey? Wha..." she trailed off. It was my mother. "Jonny? Jonny Cooper?"

"Oh uh hey." Jonny said from on the bed. I blinked up at him then back to my mom at the door with her mouth agape. She looked between us then without another word, she turned around and left the room. I stood up quickly and began to go after my mom, but Jonny called me back.

"What?" I asked, a bit annoyed. Jonny stared at my naked chest, making me blink down and take in the hickeys. He threw me my top and I caught it quickly and put it on. I turned around and rushed out of the room to hers.

"Ma!" I called just as I turned into the room. She was sitting on the bed, her shirt half unbuttoned, and her phone in hand. Is she calling an ambulance to take me to a psych ward? I bit my bottom lip softly as I stared. "Ma..."

"Yes, honey?" She looked up and switched off her phone. She flashed me a smile. "Apparently," she started, "I'm not supposed to treat you any different and just accept it."

"What?"

"But its not that simple. After...." she stopped, "after walking in on that, how am I supposed to.."

"Mom, I'm sorry." I said to her.

"For what? For me catching you..." she sighed. "For being who you are?" My eyes widened a bit as I stared at her. She breathed slowly then looked up at me. She stood and walked to me then wrapped her arms around me and buried her face in my neck. She pulled away and took my face in her hands. "Its.. Uh.. Its okay, sweetie. I'm here okay. I don't want you to feel different or anything of the sort. I love you." I sounded robotic, but it still made me smile. I nodded my head as I smiled at her. "Thank you."

"I love you, son. So much." She brought me in and kissed my forehead. I continued to smile. My mother accepts this. She accepts me. She isn't going to throw me out in a raging fit of female anger. She hugged me.

When we pulled away she furrowed her brows. "Well I'd like to talk to Jonny now."

"Ma-"

"Bring me Jonny." She demanded. I sighed softly and turned around to go back to my room. Jonny was still sat on the bed, staring around. I stood at the door and he looked up at me. He flashed me an apologetic smile and I gave him one right back. "Ma wants to see you."

"Crap."

"Yeah.." Jonny got up from the bed and walked past me, out of the room. I followed behind him to lead him to my parents' room. When he got there, I decided to wait outside, so she won't see me but I could hear what she was telling him. I leaned against the wall.

"Where's-" she stopped, "Never mind." I would like to see his face as she spoke. "So, you're gay as well..."

"I'm gay. He's bisexual." I smiled at that. He's setting it straight. And maybe my mom won't even care about the difference, but I'm glad he set it straight.

"Well he's gay for you, right? Its a gay relationship." There she goes. I rolled my eyes at her silly logic. "I don't.. I suppose.. No..." Jonny sounded confused.

"Anyway, I don't really care about you and your sexuality. I care about my son. I care about how he feels. And if he has feelings for you, then you better treat him right. If you're going to hurt my son then you best leave now because not only would you be hearing from his father, but you would be hearing from me as well and trust me, son, you do not want to hear from me. So if I were you, I'd treasure him and treat him right and make him feel more loved than anything else because you don't want to have to deal with me. We clear?"

"Uhm yes. Yes. Of course. Crystal." Jonny said quickly. He's probably nodding his head. My mother could be very scary when she wants to be. I wanted to smile. She too is backing me up. It makes me proud. She doesn't care about who I'm with she just wants me to be okay, and that's really all I care about. I moved off the wall and walked down to my bedroom. Hopefully, Jonny is allowed back here.