[Fo4] Robert MacCready x F!SS

Stole My Heart

Summary: MacCready reminisces about meeting the Sole Survivor at The Third Rail and informs her of his true feelings.

MacCready's POV
I stand just outside an old, tattered home in Sanctuary. Her home. My hand is poised just in front of the door and I can't help but find myself reminiscing about the past. My mind ponders across a particular memory... the day we first met. Like any other day, I found myself drinking away my sorrows at The Third Rail in Goodneighbor. I was down on my luck as I couldn't find any work and the Gunners were still after me. I'd been lazing about in the back room when they, Barnes and Winlock, approached me. They gave me the usual rundown in an attempt to ward me off but I think they knew I was much too stubborn to actually heed their warnings. It's not my fault I'm way more efficient towards my client's needs.

It wasn't till they finally left that I noticed her approaching me. She was perfect in every way and for the first time in my life I was speechless. She surprised me in more ways than I could even imagine. This woman listened to me, a complete stranger, and accepted me for who I was. I'm no hero, just another mercenary looking for an honest buck. It wasn't until after she helped me retrieve a cure for my son that I realized something... I loved her. Finally, I gathered the courage and proceed to knock on her door.

Knock! Knock!

Within seconds the door swung open and I was greeted by the love of my life. "MacCready? What's up? Is something wrong?" She asked. My hands shook as I presented her a heart-shaped box filled to the brim with fusion cores and a whole assortment of ammunition. "I made this for you out of appreciation for all you've done for me. I'm no hero and I'll certainly never be as good a man as your husband but-" I pause as I feel her arms wrap around me. "I love you too, Robert."

A/N: MacCready's one of my favorite companions in the game so I knew I had to dedicate a chapter to him at some point. This chapter was inspired by fan art by XGingerWR on Deviantart.