[Fo4] Deacon x F!SS [Songfic]

Sunglasses at Night

Summary: Deacon, one of the Railroad's top agents, catches wind of the Sole Survivor and decides to keep a close eye on her.

Deacon's POV
I've always kept my past under lock and key. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's to protect my identity or because I'm too ashamed to admit my own past in its truth. There was only ever one person who managed to break past the walls I had so diligently built, and that person was a woman named Barbara. She was beautiful, understanding, and perfect in every way. However, just as this world giveth it taketh away. I thought I'd never meet someone as wonderful as her ever again...

I was wrong.

I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Watch you weave then breathe your story lines
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes

She first caught my eye as I was patrolling the Commonwealth disguised as your typical drifter. I knew from the moment I saw her she was special. Something about her stood out from anyone I had ever laid eyes upon in the Commonwealth. It all seemed so strange but I couldn't deny this feeling I had felt as my eyes gazed upon her.

While she's deceiving me
It cuts my security has
She got control of me
I turn to her and say

I just knew I couldn't lose track of this mystery woman so I followed her throughout her journey. As unsettling as it sounds I felt it was duty to collect intel and try to lead her in the right direction. Throughout everywhere she went I followed and throughout everything she did I continued to be amazed.

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades oh no
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades oh no
I can't believe it!
'Cause you got it made with the guy in shades oh no

She held herself well in a fight and never seems to lose determination. Fueled by the search for her missing son, she traveled all across the Commonwealth in search of answers. It all seemed to point to the one organization everyone feared the most, The Institute.

And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Forget my name while you collect your claim
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes

The journey to Diamond City was but a walk in the park, rescuing the synth detective like taking candy from a baby, and taking down Kellogg was only but mere child's play to her.

While she's deceiving me
She cuts my security
Has she got control of me
I turn to her and say

Just when she thought all hope was lost Goodneighbor became her beacon of hope. The trail of breadcrumbs continued to lead her into the Glowing Sea until she'd finally managed to single-handedly take down a Courser and track down the location of Railroad HQ.

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades oh no
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades oh no
I can't believe it!
'Cause you got it made with the guy in shades oh no

"I didn't know we're having a party. Where's my invitation? Oh, I see you invited the Courser-killer. Nice." I make my appearance just in time to see the infamous woman of the hour standing just before us, at gunpoint more or less. "Deacon, you're late. You're saying this intruder actually killed a Courser? Single-handedly? That'd give even Glory a run for her money." scoffs Desdemona.

"News flash, boss. This lady is kind of a big deal. She killed a Courser, Dez. We have to let her in. There's no way she could be working for the Institute." I defend. "Very well. We're letting you into our headquarters. We'll discuss more inside." She makes her exit and I make my much anticipated approach towards the famed Courser-killer and new Railroad recruit.

Oh I say I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night
I say it to you now
I wear my sunglasses at night
I cry to you
I wear my sunglasses at night

"Hey there. We having fun yet? Name's Deacon, big fan."

A/N: This chapter was inspired by "Sunglasses at Night" by Corey Hart. I don't think I really need to explain why this song makes me think of Deacon, but this song popped into my head one day and it instantly reminded me of him.