Chapter 52

Steph’s POV

The sun is about to set but our day seems to be just starting. The boldness of color red can be seen everywhere, from the table cloths up to the smallest decoration. The shrubs were all well manicured and the roses are just in their perfect bloom.  But the best part of the scenery is the guy who cannot hide the smile from his face as the love of his life walks toward him.

She looks stunning in her bridal gown and light make-up. And I must say, it feels like she owns the music as she walks confidently down the aisle. Para bang walang ibang makita ang kanyang mga mata kung hindi ang lalaking naghihintay sa kanya sa altar. Hindi masidlan ang kanyang mga labi sa sobrang galak habang papalapit. Napabuntong hininga nalang ako at napahanga sa nangyayari.

It’s a beautiful garden wedding.

Nakinig kaming lahat habang nagsasalita ang pari. Napatingin ako sa paligid at kitang-kita ko ang saya sa mata ng bawat isang dumalo sa pagdiriwang na ito habang magkahawak kamay sina Mel at Tyler sa harapan.

Hindi ko na nga napigilang hindi maluha habang nangyayari ang seremonya. Mula sa pagsindi ng kandila hanggang sa pagsuot nila ng kanilang mga singsing. They were the only people who were there during my wedding. Kaya masaya ako dahil ngayon, sila naman ang sinusuportahan ko.

Akala ko wala ng igaganda pa ang kasalang ito. Pero sadyang pinahanga ni Tyler ang lahat ng sambitin nya ang mga salitang ito kay Mel.

“Mel, I grew up thinking that beer and parties are the only things that would make me happy. I grew up knowing, that relationships don’t last a life time. And I grew up believing, that love happens only in the movies.” He said then he took her hand.

“But when I met you, I realized that my life was a lie. Everything that I thought and believed before were not true. Beer and parties are not the things that would make me happy. It’s your hugs and kisses. Relationships don’t just last a life time. They last forever. And love, it doesn’t just happen in the movies…”

“ …it can also happen on the 8th floor of a building across a silver two-way door, right below a glass chandelier around 3:48 in the afternoon on the 25th of August.” Mel immediately released a soft chuckle with very shocked expression. That gave us a clue what Tyler was talking about. Yun ang lugar, oras, at araw kung saan sila unang nagkita.

I can’t believe that he’s a very detail oriented guy.

Sandaling napahinto si Tyler sa pagsasalita at ramdam ko naiiyak sya. “People say that marriage is about love. And when you love, you become stupid. Dahil lahat ginagawa mo para sa taong mahal mo. Lahat-lahat. Kahit na minsan ay katangahan na ito. Kaya nga sabi nila, lahat daw ng nagmamahal ay nagpapakatanga. At kung hindi ka nagpapakatanga, ibig sabihin, hindi ka nagmamahal.”

“Well that’s too bad, because I’m a smart guy.” Sabi ni Tyler. Pagkatapos ay tinitigan nya ng mabuting si Mel sa mata na para bang kinakausap nya ito. “But for you Mel, I’m willing to be stupid.”