Chapter 10

4th day in school. The capital lettered high-school. The most exciting and important part of your entire life. 

Yeah right. 

My life is exciting. Or we could say so. I live with (to put it in a professional term) a severely fucked up man, and when I am finally away from my dear control freak, Lucy takes his place. She is so... random. I know, I hate this kind of description too, but I can't find other words for it. 

She just does things, I can't even figure out what she likes or not. At first, I was convinced that she only tried to be my friend, because of Ramsey but... She doesn't really bring him up in that context. Of course, occasionally, she and Ann agree how 'freakily-freaking hot' he is.

Their words. 

While they both have a really complete story of the adopted child and the mysterious millionaire's love, I can't seem to explain to them, how it is. 

"Amy, c'mon." Lucy urged, lightly pushing on my shoulder. Nagging me to go to the party, that she insisted will be amazing.

Taking the fact, that Lucy likes not only parties but me and salty caramel, I can't say I trust her judgment. 

"I'm awkward." I sighed. Truth be told, I wasn't. Back in the prison I shamelessly flirted and joked around with all of my doctors, just to annoy them. I couldn't care less, what people thought about me, and I knew how to have fun... Well at least back then. On the street or in prison. Where nobody mattered for I was already a chained up dog. A sicko. 

I unconsciously looked down on my arm. leather bracelets Covered both of my wrists, and my stomach just kind of dropped. Not because I regretted my past, just because nobody even slightly knew who I was here. 

Ramsey didn't ask me to wear these... But somewhere I felt like, he wanted me to be normal. I don't know since when do I care what he wants... Guess I didn't want to show them off either.

"No, you aren't. You are just really rude." Lucy informed me kindly. I guess she really meant to be nice right now. When she noticed my slight confusion, she added:

"But guys are into that."

I sighed. I asked Ramsey not to pick me up after school, and he agreed... After a while. I told him, I wanted to walk with my friends and things like that. That's what he wants me to do, no?

Lucy had the habit of kicking whatever she saw on the street, be it a small rock, or a trashcan. I never really understood why, but neither questioned it. 

"I will go." I said after a while "But if it will be boring, I'm gone." I warned sticking up my nose, but Luc' just laughed and cheered. 

After that, I headed straight home. Wasn't close, but not more than a 20-minute walk. The longer part was to get down to the seaside, since there weren't many things around there, except Ramsey's house.

"I'm home" I announced half-heartedly, but I didn't actually expect Ramsey to be awake. It was only 3 pm yet, and the guy was a full-grown vampire. 

Every night, arriving late, showering, then he passed out on either the couch or in his room. Well, the last was the least likely. 

As for now, he was on the sofa, with a book on his head which was probably shielding his eyes from the sun. Everything perfectly clean, he didn't even leave a glass on the table. His gloves rested upon the small living-room table, washed. He washed 'em each and every night. I don't want to know his job... but then again, I do. 

I stayed quiet, just sneaking into my room, and picking out a few clothes to wear tonight. After I've decided next to one of my infamous oversized jumper and skinny jeans combo, I fell onto my bed. Homework. I hope no one expected me to do homework. I would never. It isn't in my blood.