Finalé - Part 2

/This book will have one more additional chapter (after this one) so stay tuned for the very end. Until' then, enjoy/

"I'll take her down, but first I want you to start undressing Eric. I don't wanna see surprise knives anywhere." Vincent announced and Eric didn't think much about it. 

"How lucky you are, have you ever seen him strip so quickly?" he mocked me quietly, and I just cringed at the disgusting joy he had out of this. This is not the Vincent I knew, but then again, I could understand how he had turned into such a desperate monster, and I wanted to help. But how? 

He showed his pockets one by one, then took his jacket off and threw it in the corner, showing his trousers' pockets held nothing either, or the waist of the clothing. Vincent burst out laughing again, while he stepped to me and started undoing my chains. 

"It's so hilarious, you came here without weapons. One would think you aren't actually a serial killer..." he chuckled unstoppably, but I could see through this. He wasn't a villain, no matter how hard he tried to be, I knew this giggling only hid the sobs, he didn't want to show. But for now... I had to take care of Eric. 

"Wish to have last words to each other?" Vincent glanced between me and Ramsey, and we shared a look. 

He opened his mouth but I interrupted. 

"If you dare to say, "I told you so"..." I tried to sound angry, but I just weakly smiled at him. I didn't want to give Vincent the power to hear us say goodbye. 

"Please let me be the one to choose" He asked quietly, his voice holding no nervousness whatsoever. 

"Nope" I popped the "p" as if it was funny, trying my best to make Vincent feel powerless, but it was not much use in the current situation. 

"I said the last words, not the last argument. You two are impossible" Vincent sighed dramatically and stepped between us to block my sight of Eric.

"So now Amy..." He showed me both of his palms, each hid a pill, just as he said they would. One of them was blue the other one was grey. I studied them for a few seconds before glancing up at Vincent. 

"Vincent... You don't have to do this" I whispered, my eyes desperate. I didn't know which to choose, to save Eric. And even if I knew, was I ready to give my life for the people who had ruined it? If I die, wouldn't Vincent just finish Eric off? Is he capable of it? 

So many questions rushed through my head unanswered. 

"This is exactly what I have to do." he reassured me, and I swallowed, looking back at the pills. 

"Can I take a look at them... I mean touch them?" I wondered, and Vincent gently nodded. It was a good thing, he thought I was the innocent lamb in the room, really... Was I? Compared to them, perhaps. I slowly lifted one of the pills, then the other, examining them by putting them impossibly close to my eyes. 

"I somehow always thought you will be the one to kill me, Eric. I was surprisingly okay with that..." I started thinking out loud, assuming this was my last chance to speak my mind to him. 

"Even when I was in prison, or when you adopted me, I was ready for the day you turn up in my room with a bloody knife and a serial killer look on your face. I assumed this is the price I have to pay for that miracle of life you just gave me" I went on, still looking closely at the pills, not as if I had seen anything. 

"Amy, don't say..." 

"But it's true." I interrupted "Well... I guess all I really wanted to confess now, that I'll probably kick the bucket, that..." it was so hard to say it as casually as the other things, but maybe now or never.