Chapter 26

/ Our Mr Red Death's costume right on top and the mask is supposed to be right above this note

/ Our Mr Red Death's costume right on top and the mask is supposed to be right above this note. Enjoy ~ /

"What are you again?" Ann stared at me, trying to figure out the dress I was wearing for a while now, but since I didn't really have the answer either, I offered her a shrug. 

"She is a smoking hot victorian girl, isn't it obvious?" Lucy interrupted, giving a sharp slap to my ass. I giggled weakly, trying to enjoy this misery I was put through by socializing. If I thought there were too much space and secrets between us...

I couldn't tell them. They knew what everyone else had known. That Eric got very sick and I couldn't nurse him, so I had to move in with Vincent. 

Little do they know, Eric was pretty sick his whole life, but that's beside the point. As for my disappearance, I pulled the "I needed time/space" card, and sold this stupid lie of me having a mental breakdown. 

A few seconds passed as I got lost in my thoughts, but when I noticed my mistake, I quickly opened my mouth:

"It's a little formal, but... Vincent picked it out for me" I explained, and they both nodded. 

"You look perfect... really!" Ann said, and they hugged me once again, pressing the air out of my lungs. 

James was waiting in the door, tapping his foot impatiently. 

"Won't we go in?" He complained childishly, and so Lucy dragged me along into the school. The building was decorated now as well as at the last prom I've seen it. People carried drinks around, and almost everyone was either a  sexy-fill-the-blank and unfortunately, Ann was no different. She was a sexy cat... a disgrace if you ask me, but I couldn't get myself to tell her. Lucy dressed as a queen, still in a pretty short skirt, and James posed as a vampire for the night. 

As we got into the "ballroom", Lucy ran up to a tall guy, that I couldn't really identify. 

"Amy, this is Anthony, Anthony, this is Amy. She used to live with the guy I told you about" she explained, not letting go of the boy's arm in the meantime.

"Ah... I'm sorry for you, Lucy told me how much of a jerk is your adopting father" he shot me an emphatic look, and I glanced at Lucy in confusion. I thought she fancied Ramsey, was I wrong? When did they even meet? 

"The last time I've seen you, you called him Mr. hotness" I reminded her jokingly, as her eyes darkened with anger. 

"That's over! That piece of ass fucking went through half of the blonde girls in the school" she complained, probably thinking I knew this as well. I stared at her in shock, trying to put the pieces together. 

Ramsey... Yeah, it couldn't be Eric, could it? Why only blondes? When did this happen? 

"Are you sure? He is quite sick right now"