The Shocking News

No ones POV:

John and Nikki return home from a hectic work week and cuddling in each others arms enjoying their evening. When Nikki's phone rings and she notices it's a number she has never seen before.

N= Nikki J= John

N) Hello?

J) Who is it?

5 minutes pass by before Nikki finally gets off the phone. When John looks at her he knows something's up.

J) Who was that?

N) You won't believe it a foster home in New Jersey called me they want me and you to adopt three kids that are not eating or interacting with any of the other kids and they are worried about them. The woman said if we would like to adopt them we have to let her know by tomorrow.

Johns POV: How could we have three kids. She knows my idea on having children. I don't want to hurt her she seems so happy. Maybe adopting is a good idea.

Nikki's POV: If he says no I'm not sure what I will do. He knows how bad I have wanted to have kids and get married and now to have this happen would be amazing.

J) Call her back because you and me are going to become parents.

No ones POV: Nikki was in shock! She never thought John would say yes. John has been saying from the time they started dating that he never wanted to have children. Maybe this was a turning point in their relationship. Nikki then gives John the biggest hug and starts crying. John comforts her by giving her a long kiss. The two go to bed knowing that they are no longer responsible for themselves but for three beautiful children.