Chapter 1 ( Friday)

Valentina got into position.

she took a deep breath and...

WHAM!!!!

Her ball soared through the air, narrowly missing...

Him. 

A boy with a muscular build and dark brown eyes walked towards her.He looked familiar somehow...

"Hey! You're that girl from my school! I knew I've seen you in the hallways before!!"He exclaimed.

Valentina smiled. "How do you do?"

"Good so far. Hey,do you know where Coach V is? I'm supposed to be in Tuesday lessons, but I changed to Friday."

Valentina grinned.

"You're in the right court. Coach is just getting something from his car."

Matthew surprised her by sticking his hand out towards her.

"OK. If we're gonna be seeing each other more often, might as well make it so we're on good terms. I'm Matthew. Matthew Garcia."

She took his hand lightly and pulled a loose handshake.

"Valentina Tinoco."

"Great."He walked past her and put his stuff down on the bench next to her things.

"OK CLASS!!"Coach V walked up to them. 

"Seriously? Only two of you? I swear, I'm losing students."

Valentina snickered.

"Yeah. Alex has sectionals with the other 2nd violins in Chamber orchestra.And the others...Got no clue!"She smiled proudly.

Coach V threw his head back with laughter.

"Is that really something you should be proud of?"

Soon,Matthew joined in their laughter, and one could say it was the best tennis lesson Valentina has ever had.