Chapter 5

Valentina squinted her eyebrows to look up at the darkened sky.

"Valentina!are you hoping for the sky to fall?Come on!We're starting the rounds!"Coach V yelled.

"KK!!"

Valentina ran to the court when...

drip.drip. driip.

Rain drops cascaded from the sky.

TWWWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTT.Coach V tweeted his whistle.

"EVERYBODY!!!WE"RE ENDING LESSONS EARLY!!!!!GO HOME!!!"

Crap,Valentina thought.I forgot my umbrella at home.

Something covered her head. She touched it.It was soft like,dri fit material? Somebody patted her head with the material(?) still on it. 

"Don't get wet,ok?"

She turned to see where the voice was coming from.Instead, she came eye to eye with....

Matthew.

He smirked and the corners of his mouth lifted a bit.

"Come on. We need to wait for my mom to pick us up. I'll text her. So let's go run to that shed over there."He gestured to the ball shack, where all the extra balls for practice were kept.

(Author's note: They take lessons at a Tennis campus/school. So there are facilities provided for practice like a ball shed, a waiting area, although the ball shed is closer where Matthew and Valentina are, and a restroom.)

Valentina looked around to see if anybody was still there. They were alone.

She nodded."Ok."

They sprinted to the shed, Valentina panted and sat down on the floor as Matthew called his mom.

That's when she finally noticed. The material(?) was Matthew's jacket. He had taken it off and given it to her. But doing that caused him to get wet instead.

He noticed her staring at him and gave her a puzzled look.

"what's wrong?"

She shook the thought away.

"Thanks for lending me your jacket Matt,"She blushed nervously.

"No prob.Ride's here. C'mon."He helped her up, and they ran to the car.