I AM SO TIRED

Valentina was trying hard to keep her smile.

"Grr..Why am I like this?!!"

She pointed to her clothes and Nikki chuckled.

"You're weelllcommee~."

Valentina sighed.

She was in a knee high dress with her back half exposed and fishnet leggings to top it off.

(I'll leave it to you readers to imagine.)

Why had she come with Nikki to shop for an exposing dress?

Oh, Now she remembered.

Nikki had come to her apartment and told her about the contest that was coming up. A contest...for couples. Valentina didn't want to come, but a word from Nikki about the winning prize made her want to win.

And now here she was.... Dressing up.

"Val!What do you think?"

Val looked down.

"She looks pretty, eh?"

Valentina looked up to see who Nikki was talking to but was horrified by who Nikki had surprised her with.

Matthew.

"Yeah....She does."

Valentina blushed, mumbled a thanks, and rushed to the changing room to dress back.

After she bought the dress, Nikki gave a slip of paper to Matt and drove Valentina away.

"Nikki....This is it?"

Nikki nodded.

Lots of couples surrounded them.

Suddenly, a booming voice startled them all.

"GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! THIS IS THE 7TH ANNUAL 'COUPLE CONTEST'!!NOW!!!WE'RE RUNNING A BIT LATE ON TIME, SO LET'S JUST START WITHOUT FURTHER ADO. TODAY YOU WILL BE COMPETING AGAINST OTHER COUPLES WITH YOUR PARTNER AS YOUR ONLY TEAMMATE!!AND HERE IS THE CATCH: WE WILL FIND OUT IF YOU'RE LYING TO US OR NOT!! IF YOU ARE FOUND OUT, THEN YOU WILL BE ELIMINATED, AND NO EXCUSES. THIS COMPETITION ALLOWS ANY COUPLE, WHETHER IT MAY BE A FORBIDDEN LOVE OR A RELATIONSHIP OF THE SAME GENDER. NOW: LET'S EXPLAIN  THIS CONTEST. YOU  WILL ALL TAKE A TEST TO FIND OUT IF YOU REALLY ARE A COUPLE. I WILL EXPLAIN THE NEXT ACTIVITY LATER. SO FIRST!!PICK A NUMBER FROM THE BOX AND GO TO THE ASSIGNED TENT WITH THE NUMBER ON IT."

Some people left quietly, and Nikki and Valentina could now move without being squished.

"Nikki? You don't have a -"

"Shhhh!"

Nikki pushed a finger to Valentina's mouth.

"I got a plan so that if you don't win, I can win and give the prize to you!!So don't blow my cover juuust yet."

Valentina nodded and Matthew ran up to them.

"Nikki gave me the directions on that paper.Shall we participate?"

Valentina nodded excitedly.

"Yes!"

Together, they went to the large box.

Valentina stuffed her hand in and felt around for a number.

"Ah!We got the number 8!!"

Valentina turned around to see Nikki, now with a familiar person.

"Andrew?!"

Andrew turned and looked at her.

He nodded and she understood.

So that was what was happening.

Matthew tugged on her shirt and he pointed to the tent.

"Let's go!!"

Matthew entered the tent first.

"Hmm?"

On a table, there were two buttons.

RED                                    GREEN

Without thinking, Matthew pressed the green button.

"Matt!Noo!!"

Valentina rushed in the tent, but it was too late.

MATTHEW POV-

I turned around.

"Valentina?"

He was in a different place now.

This place was not the same grassy field they took the contest in.

This realm was filled with mirrors.

"Welcome to the land of dreams."A woman's voice scared him.

The voice belonged to a tall figure, with blond hair surrounding her, and a pink, flowing dress trailing behind her.

Her voice was like a melody, alluring and beautiful.

"W-who are you?"I stuttered. This had to be a dream.

"Relax. I am Anthea, the ruler of this realm, and you are a person that has choices."

"Choices?"

The woman nodded and walked away, beckoning for him to follow.

She led him to a mirror and he gasped.

Inside the mirror was...me.

I was a bit older, but lived in Hawaii and had a pretty big house, a pretty girlfriend, and a good job. But the other me was miserable that Valentina was not there by my side. And in that same reality, Valentina was happy with another guy.

Anthea waved me to the mirror right next to me.

"And this is another choice."

I moved closer to the mirror.

This one depicted me with Valentina, but we had a small cramped apartment,and I had just lost my job, but we were happy together.

I gulped.

This was hard.

Anthea waved her hand and we were in another room. This room had nothing inside and was bare.

"Now. Which future would you want to have?"

Ugh. 

"I choose..."

I hesitated and realized that Valentina should be happy, even if it wasn't with me.

I chose right then and there, with absolutely no stutter in my voice.

"I want Valentina to be happy, even if it is not a place by my side. I would go for the first choice if it meant that Valentina wouldn't suffer."

Anthea nodded.

"Wise choice."

WWWWWOOOOSH.

Suddenly, I awoke, finding my head in Valentina's lap.

"Are you ok?! You just pressed the button and fainted!!Then after a few minutes, the button glowed and told us we won!!What happened?"

I smiled.

Valentina, the love of my life, was here with me. Oh how lucky I am to have an amazing girlfriend.