Chapter 3

Today is the wushe-wushe and kai Amarya then tomorrow they will head back to Abuja before coming back next week for another wedding. Her sister, Niimah's wedding. It's 5:30pm so they started getting ready for the night event. Aidah was dressed in a red traditional attire while the rest dressed up the same way as She did. Then for the grown ups, they wore a different type of laffaya. Amna on the other hand dressed up in a beautiful gold laffaya with a matching gold jewelry set.

Aidah picked her phone  and logged into her Snapchat to snap some pictures and posted on her story. As she finished, She called Maryam, her friend. She picked up on the second ring.

"Hey Mairo." She said

"Hey baby, how are you?" Maryam asked.

"I'm good, Alhamdulillah. How's the exams?" Aidah asked and she replied.

Maryam Malik is Aidah's best friend along with Damilola Olaruwanju. They've been together since childhood and went to the same school same class. Maryam is from gombe state and fulani. Then they went to separate universities. Aidah finished before her. Aidah studied Architecture and Maryam is studying Medicine in university of Roehampton London. Aidah graduated from lynn university florida this year. Yep. She's officially an Architect Alhamdulillah.

"The guys are here to take you to the venue, girls." Amna's mom said.

"Mairo. Love you" Aida said

"Ok love you, bye." Maryam replied and hung up

Hajju, falmata and Aidah entered Farouk's car. They talked for a while before they arrived at the venue of the event. It is beautifully decorated accordingly. The brides hair was washed with milk, hands designed with traditional henna and 'turaren wuta' all over her.

They danced to gangakura though Aidah doesn't know how to dance but It was fun. They went back home to get ready for the kai Amarya. She dressed in a simple blue Ankara off shoulder with peplum design, She tie her head tie and picked all her belongings and put them in her light pink Prada handbag. She slipped into her nude slippers and grabbed her veil and headed out.

They arrived at Tariq's parents house in Lagos street GRA. Amna was summoned to her mother in law for gifts and all. After that, they headed to her own matrimonial home which is just few blocks away from her in laws.

Amna's house is really beautiful mashallah. There are 2 living rooms, 4  bedrooms each with ensuite bathroom, a kitchen and a beautiful backyard. The girls waited for the 'Sayan Baki' which is for the brides friends to stay until the groom and his friends will come and pay to see the bride. Though she doesn't know how it is done, all She knows that it has to do with money.

"We want 5 mil only" Hajju said.

"Haba, reduce to 500k mana." One of tarif's friend said.

"No, 700k kawai and that's final." Aidah said.

They collected falmata's account and transferred the money. They bid Amna goodbye before they leave. Aidah told her She was coming tomorrow before they leave for Abuja inshallah.

Hajju dropped her at their house in Damboa road. She entered and saw Ammi, Nimah and khalifah along with her aunts and cousins in the living room. She greeted them and sat on the sofa next to khalifah

After the guest have left Ammi spoke

"Aidah, get ready we are going out"

"Ammi Ndaro lenyen( where are we going)?" She asked.

"To your grandparents." Ammi said

"Okay" She said as She headed upstairs to freshen up.

🤍

"Ushe kenshero(you are welcome)." Her grandma(baba's mom) said.

"Nda dubdo, Kaka (good evening)." They greeted in unison

"Klewa slai (fine)." She replied with a smile.

"Nda fato(how's home)" Ammi asked

"Fato bai(homes fine)" Kaka replied, that woman is like eighty years old, she's too old but is still looking like a 60 year old.

She went to the kitchen to drink water. The house is full as well with so many workers here and there.

"Kaka, we are leaving for Abuja tomorrow inshallah" Ammi said

She showered them with prayers and they left. They next went to Ammi's house to say goodbye to Baba umaru and Goggo Inna. Goggo inna only speaks Fulani and Hausa.

"Sannun ku da zuwa." She said with a smile.

"Miji Na ne yau a gari." She said referring to Khalifa who has baba umaru's name.

"Goggo inna jam bandu na." He greeted her with a smile.

"How are you my husband? She asked.

"Oh Goggo inna, are we invisible to you?" Niimah asked.

"Adda Niimah don't mind her, it's because he has her husbands name" Aidah agreed

She turned to khalifa and said. "Big baby kawai"

"Haba my darlings, jam bandu Na(how are you), I saw Ahmadu dazu." She said. Ahmad came for the wedding Fatiha but left earlier today.

"We are fine Alhamdulillah." They replied.

"Oh Allah sarki"

They left for Baba's side and left Ammi alone with her mother

"Salamu alaikum." They said the salam.

"Wa alaikum salam, gaye (come in)." He said. Well baba Umaru is Ammi's dad, he's from Adamawa but moved to Maiduguri back in the days. He can speak kanuri fluently. He even speaks it more than Fulani.

They entered and sat down on the Italian rug spread around the room

"Ushe kenshero my children." He said with a huge smile

"Nda dubdo Baaba." They greeted their grandpa.

"Nda fato"

"Fato bai." He replied.

They talked for a while and decided to leave and rest before leaving tomorrow.

Vote, comment and share💕