chapter 15

Gombe state

Kamu/sa lalle

Today is Maryam's sa lalle and kamu. It's 10am and they currently outside sitting in the beautiful traditional decorated tent and are getting their henna done by rahma: amaryadotcom. The kamu is starting at 4pm inshallah. Aidah got her henna done now and waiting for it to get dried. It looks beautiful!

''Leems, your henna is so pretty'' Maryam beamed at her best friend

''You think?'' She asked  "Yours is way more pretty"

She nodded. "You should probably send it to Mr Architect." She winked and Aidah blushed. Maryam is dressed in a beautiful fulani attire for the event, her makeup was done by dazeita.

Then suddenly what happened two weeks ago came through her mind. Baba called her when he came back from Lagos and asked her about Sayyid. Ya Ahmad and Ya Ibrahim were there when they talked. They're the ones that are going to do the whole engagement thing. Her father was so happy when he found out that Sayyid is the man she brought home to as the person she wants to marry.

He said it would all be easier since Sayyid's father and him and really close friends. 

The 'sa lalle' event has finished and now they're resting and getting ready for the 'kamu' that will be taking place later during the day. Jiddah, Maryam's cousin came in carrying a tray with varieties of food

''Aidah, what would you like to eat?." She asked her.

''I'll have the fried rice and moi moi please'' She replied with a smile. She turned to maryam and asked her.

"I'll eat with Aidah'' Maryam said.

Aidah came and sat beside Maryam on the couch and they dug into the rice and moimoi. After she finished eating, she called Sayyid they talked for a while before he excused himself.

Before you say tyler posey, time has passed in a blur. They are now getting ready for the 'kamu' event which is taking place in less than 2 hours.

She dressed up in a beautiful Ankara, tied her head tie and applied some lip gloss and did her brows for she is not putting on any heavy makeup today. She went outside and snapped some pictures.

The amazing BigH was doing his job perfectly. They came out of the room and headed downstairs to the living room where some photo sessions are to take place.

They arrived at the living room shortly where she is to snap with her parents. She first snapped with Mama and Baba, then with Ayush and Salma and the bridesmaids.

They all moved out to the parking lot where there are cars that will take them to the venue. She entered the same car as Maryam and her husband with his friend.

The ride was a smooth one, no one talked except for the couple being all mushy at the back seat. Bash's friend was trying to make a conversation with Aidah but she kept shutting him down by giving him straight answers.