Chapter 32

After Blake was released from the hospital, Raven, Qrow, and Tai had came over to see Amber. She had just opened up her eyes when Qrow walked in with Tai.

"Is mom coming?" I asked.

"She'll be here," Tai said. "She's getting somethings first."

"Really?"

"Yep. She's getting the baby a little outfit."

"That's unlike her."

"Well, seems Raven's changing," Qrow said.

"Where is she? I want to see how my granddaughter is doing. How is Blake?"

"Tired, in pain, a bit moody, but I still love her as always."

"That'll never change, Yang," Qrow said.

"I know," I said smiling.

I led them to the living room where Blake was feeding Amber her formula.

"Look at how little she is!" Tai said, fanboying.

"She is small."

"She'll grow to be tall someday," I said.

"What's her name?" Tai asked.

"Amber."

"Amber Xiao Long. Golden Little Dragon," Tai said.

I smiled and sat next to Blake, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. She looked tired from the previous night. Having to wake up to change her and all of that.

"Blake?"

"Yes, Yang?"

"Go get some rest."

"No. I should stay out here."

"Blake, I love you dear, but she's done with the bottle." She looked down and sighed. I took her from her arms and held her, patting her back to burp her. "I think I can handle things here."

Blake smiled and I pecked her lips, "Thanks, Yang."

"I'll always be here to help."

Blake got up and walked up the stairs and disappeared into the room.

"You really care for her," Qrow said.

"Always have, Qrow."

"Even with the kid, you still have to juggle a lot of things," Tai said.

"I think I can manage it."

"You say that now, but just you wait, kiddo."

They left around 3pm and I walked up to the room to check on Blake. Amber had fallen asleep on my shoulder before they left. I hummed as I walked up the stairs, trying not to wake Amber up. I walked into the room and saw Blake was still asleep. I placed Amber in her crib and walked over to the bed and crawled in. Blake stirred in her sleep as I got in. I kissed her forehead and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

"How's my kitten?"

"Still tired."

"That's ok. I was thinking about taking a nap myself."

"Is Amber asleep?" Blake mumbled.

"Yeah. She's sleeping soundly."

"That's good."

My eyes closed and before I knew it, my dreams dragged me into the abyss of neverending sleep. But I was interrupted by a sound. It felt like the same noise I had when Blake had Amber. The same cry of terror. My eyes ripped open to see Blake was holding Amber and shushing her.