Chapter Four

Grace's POV

"A little rushed this morning, are we?" Kate asked, a smirk apparent on her face as I opened the passenger door and hopped into her 1968 Camaro convertible. Kate was driving us to school today since my car was in the shop getting the oil changed and tires rotated.

"Oh, hush. I'm here now, aren't I?" I laughed. Kate had long, blonde hair that fell all the way down to the small of her back and bright, green eyes that constantly glowed with excitement. We've been best friends ever since we were sat next to each other in kindergarten and have been joined at the hip ever since.

Kate turned up the radio to play 'Don't Stop' by 5 Seconds of Summer, and we sang along all the way to a building with a sign saying "Lakeside High School". We pulled into the parking lot after finding a space and hopped out of the car. While we walked up to school, we both got some dirty looks from the "school sluts", so to speak. They all pretty much hated people like Kate and I, the ones who actually did their work. I tried not to acknowledge them.

Kate and I walked into the main building and headed towards our first hour, English. We were fortunate enough to have the exact same schedule, plus we sat next to each other in almost every class.

"Morning, Kate. Morning, Grace," Mr. Smith, our honors English teacher, said to us as we walked in. We smiled at him in return and took our seats, just as the bell rang.

"Good morning class. Let's begin by grading our homework from last night. Go ahead and take out your Romeo and Juliet playbook and look up Act I scenes one to 3," Mr. Smith began. We graded our homework for what seemed like hours, and when we finally finished, Mr. Smith began to inform us about a new project we were starting.

"Okay, class. I want to tell you about a new partner project coming u-" Mr. Smith started until he was interrupted as a familiar boy, dressed in all black, strolled through the classroom.

"Mr. McCarthy, you are late. Again," Mr. Smith said to Ian.

"And?" Ian said as he sat down at his desk across the room from mine, earning snickers from other classmates.

Ian McCarthy was the school's bad boy. He was constantly back-talking teachers, serving detention and acting rude towards other students. No one ever messes with him, or even talks to him for the most part.The only person he ever talks to is one of his 'bad-boy' friends, who is known around school for being a major prankster. I don't even know how Ian's still in school, but I just avoided him for the most part.

"And you will get lunch detention if it happens again. Got it?" Mr. Smith warned Ian. He just rolled his eyes in response.

"Not like anywhere else to go," Ian mumbled under his breath.

"Anyway, you have a partner project assignment that will be due in two months. The project is a partnered biography assignment, that will be presented at the end of the work time in front of the class. This will be a 'get-to-know-your-classmates project, where you will write a total of ten pages, five about each person. Each partner will explain what they know about the person, to later move on to what they have learned about them by working on this together" he explained.

I looked over at Kate, who looked irritated at the thought of more work to do. I really didn't care; it sounded easy enough. If I got a good partner, that is.

"Now, I will be assigning partners, and no, you may not switch with other students. First is Jamie and Casey, Kelly and Joey..." Mr. Smith went on giving our partner assignments.

"And lastly, Grace and Ian..." Mr. Smith finished. I looked up in disbelief. The whole class started to laugh as I looked over at Kate. She returned my surprised look with a look of sympathy. I then turned to look over at Ian. He was smirking at me.

Lord help me.

--

OH MY GOODNESS ALMOST 80 READS ALREADY THIS IS AMAZING! Thank you all so much for reading!!

we love you guys SO MUCH!! Please vote and comment if you're liking the story!<33333333

-Lukeysgirl03 & 5soscrazyy

an - we try to update every 3 days, so the next update will be mondayyyy..

ps - HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!