Chapter 8

The final bell rang, and I told Naruto that I wanted to talk to him. We met outside, and he led me down this trail in the woods. We had a mountain nearby that was great for climbing, since it wasn't too steep.

We made our way up the paths, and at one point he grabbed my hand. The dirt trail was surrounded by plants, and you could look to the side to see the rocky mountain side. I looked to my right and saw a patch of tulips growing. Pretty.

Naruto led me down a secret path. It curved around the mountain dangerously, and was a very skinny path that ran across one of the most dangerous points to fall off of on this place.

We slowly scaled the mountain, until we stepped sideways into a crack into the side of the mountain. It was dark, and I was sure Naruto couldn't see. Of course, I could see, vampires love the dark.

We sooner or later came across an open clearing, that had a beautiful cherry blossom growing on the side of the mountain cliff, it's roots entangled in the rocky soil, it's trunk hanging off the cliff.

When the wind blew, some blossoms broke off and flew with the wind.

There was a bench there, and despite the snow falling and covering it, the wood looked new.

"I built it. I clean it once a week, since I visit here so often. It's beautiful, isn't it?" Naruto started speaking, and I had almost forgotten he was there. It was like he was reading my mind, and when his voice filled the air, I relaxed.

"Yeah. It's really beautiful" I replied. I let out a warm puff of air. He dragged me to the bench, and wiped it off with his hand. He sat down, and then I sat next to him.

He slowly leaned over, and pulled me into a hug. His head was buried in the crook of my neck, and soon warm tears began to spill.

I wrapped my left arm around him, and used the right one to pick up on of his hands, and grasp it firmly. I lifted the sleeve of his sweater and saw everything I need to know. On his wrists were tightly wrapped bandages, with slight signs of blood.

"I'm sorry... I'm so so so so sorry. I'm sor-" I cut him off. I had dragged his wrist up to my mouth, and was slowly kissing the bandages softly. He stared up in me with wide eyes full of shock.

"Don't do this ever again. I'm here now. Please.... Don't do it again.

"I-I-I p-promise"

I pulled him back into my embrace, and we both looked out at the view. The cherry blossoms fluttered around, pushed and pulled by the wind.

Sure the sight was beautiful, but nothing was more beautiful than my Naruto.

I grasped his hand tighter.

I looked over and saw something that made my eyes widen. There were nine light orange fox tails, and they looked almost white. They had sprouted from Naruto's tailbone, and as I gazed upon Naruto's head there were two fox ears of the same shade and color.

I remembered what they had said about him. Nine tailed fox demon, huh? I smiled against his forehead, my fangs poking out of my smile. Cuddling like this was really intoxicating. I want to be closer....

I need to be closer......

*Bite*