Chapter 23

Chapter contains personal opinions and mentions to actual real world problems. Please, don't comment your opinion and say it's shit. Naruto is just thinking, and as a character, this is what he thinks. so just don't way that isn't happening or that isn't true, or shit like "Gay marriage sucks". Just, fuck off if you're gonna do that. Also, songs belong to their original owners.

Narutoe p.o.v

As Itachi drove to the high school, I felt a slight bump on ths roof of the car. I thought it was nothing nothing until the car started tilting over, forcing us to drive on two wheels. 

"Itachi! What the hell's going on!" I screamed as Itachi attempted to correct the car.

"I think the vampirian government found us" Itachi said calmly.

"You THINK!" I screamed at the poor man. I let out a few unhuman screeches as the car corrected itself, Itachi speeding up the speed in which he was driving.

I heard distant shouts before I could make out one of them, clearly identifying the speaker as Ino.

"SAI! THROW IT NOW!" Ino commanded him. Sai threw a black jar, and as it broke, the windshield f the car behind us also broke, splattering gasoline and glass all over the driver and passenger.

As I turned to look, I saw my teacher, Jiraiya, throwing a match at the car, successfully setting it aflame. The car swerved off the road, landing in a ditch, as it rolled to a stop behind us. Itachi slowed the car down, and I stepped out to look at my friends. 

Everyone was present, even Shikamaru and Sakura. They were all smiling at me, and as I smiled back, Iruka-sensei ran at me, enwrapping me in a bear hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" He screamed as I gasped for air.

"Of course I am. I'm Naruto Uzumaki, I'm not going to go down easily!" I grinned cheekily at Iruka when he let me go.

I walked back into Itachi's car, silently staring out the car window as Itachi changed the destination. He told me he texted Sasuke to use their mothers car t go to the home of the vampirian government.

Being reminded of them made me think of how the human race, and anything else in this world, is sick and corrupted. Itachi must have known what I was thinking, since he inserted a disk into the CD player and skipped around until he found a certain song. Savages by Marina and the Diamonds. (this is the second time a song is incorporated into the story heckin yeh)

Murder lives forever
And so does war
It's survival of the fittest
Rich against the poor
At the end of the day
It's a human trait
Hidden deep down inside of our DNA

One man can build a bomb
Another run a race

To save somebody's life
And have it blow up in his face
I'm not the only one who
Finds it hard to understand
I'm not afraid of God
I am afraid of Man

Somehow, the lyrics were weirdly true. Looking back on what I've seen on the news, what's happened in history, humans were not good creatures. Sometimes, I wonder if God is mad at us for killing and disrespecting the land he supposedly created, and if any god or deity or religious figure looked down upon humanity as a species and sighed in disappointment, regretting the day we were brought to life.

Is it running in our blood
Is it running in our veins
Is it running in our genes
Is it in our DNA
Humans aren't gonna behave
As we think we always should
Yeah, we can be bad as we can be good

Underneath it all, we're just savages
Hidden behind shirts, ties and marriages
How could we expect anything at all
We're just animals, still learning how to crawl