Chapter 19

I'll leave it up to you to figure out who's the prom queen after reading the chapter.

Naruto p.o.v

I opened my eyes to find the familiar white ceiling of my own room. I looked to the light orange walls, a poster of Konoha! At The Disco (I'm great at puns shut it) on the all, one corner falling off the wall slightly. The fallen corner only covered up one of the group's members. I remembered them all perfectly from when I was younger.

I was sure most were alive, two being in the 60's, the oldest being in his 70's or 80's, and the youngest probably in his late 30's. 

The corner covered up the singer, Minato Namikaze. He was the only deceased member of the group, and his death was what caused them to stop making songs and selling albums. They even stopped touring!

I'm sad I didn't get to see a single show, but I still watched the recordings online. Rumor has it he had a single kid, but died before being able to marry the mother in a car crash. Amazingly, the kid survived the crash. 

No one knew who the kid was though. I liked to think I was his kid, but there really was no way of knowing, unless I could communicate.

Dropping the Konoha! At The Disco topic in my head, I pondered the dream I had only a day after the guy came to school. It was crazy to think he was a vampire. I have the weirdest dreams sometimes. 

I chuckled at the topic, standing up to get dressed for school. Normally, I'm a very rule abiding student. But today, this black hoodie stood out to me. I never knew I even had it, and it didn't even smell like me!

I pulled article of clothing over my own head, it's soft inside extremely comfortable against my skin. I squeezed into a pair of black skinny jeans with a fox design on one of the front pockets to complete the look. 

The school didn't have a strict dress code, but there were some things they put in rules for. Those included:

Not being able to leave any stomach skin showing

Having to wear a shirt with sleeves (No tank tops allowed!)

We used to have a rule against girls showing bra straps, but it was removed after the girls held a protest against the reason or it being "it's totally normal for boys to get aroused" and "Boys need to be able to focus. I myself participated in the protest, not as a boy wanting girls to show bra straps, but as I guy thinking about the fact that boys could wear shorts showing off their dicks and it won't matter to a girl.

My outfit wasn't banned, just most didn't wear them since you had to somehow stuff them in your locker, or where it all day.

I grabbed my book bag, waving goodbye to my family. While I wasn't related to them, they still treated me well so I was happy.

I spotted my friends near the gate, and they were all happy to see me smiling. Ino was the only one looing a bit down, but I decided to ask her when it was just the two of us. We were good friends, and I wouldn't want her to dump her feelings in front of all the others.

I spotted a familiar face from my dream. His dark blue hair blew in the wind slightly, his onyx eyes off in space. He looked at me, and as our eyes met, I felt my heart flutter for a second before he looked away.

I said hello to my friends as we strode into the building all in a group. Most of us didn't wait for me, and were probably in a classroom already.

Walking with us were Kiba, Gaara, Ino, Sakura, and Sasuke. Though, Sasuke was only taking quick glances at me and Gaara wasn't paying attention at all.

Whenever I looked at Sasuke, my heart ached and I got a slight headache, as if trying to remember something. It felt like my mind was trying to tell me something, but I wouldn't, or couldn't, listen.

I wanted to know what Sasuke did to me, what was missing. But, the more I dwelled on it, the more it hurt. So, I let the subject drop. 

Kiba and Gaara eventually went off to their own classes, leaving just me, Ino, and Sasuke.

The both of them looked down, sadness could be seen in Sasuke's eyes for a few moments but was gone again. At times, Ino looked like she was gonna cry. Neither said a word.

We all walked into the class, and took our seats. The lesson began with Kakashi sensei arriving 10 minutes late, and ending up showing us a video and reading his books at his desk. Principal Tsunade told him to not read those in front of the class once, but decided it wasn't worth her time trying to correct him.

When class ended, I ended up grabbing Sasuke's wrist to stop him from leaving. I dragged him out into the hallway, waiting for the students to go into their classroom. Gai sensei was going to give us an entire lecture on how being late to class was never going to get us anywhere in life.

But, I didn't care. I pushed Sasuke against the wall, his emotionless face staring down at me. His expression slowly softened as he stared down at me, his eyes softening and letting me in. 

"What is it about you..." I started. "Why do you do this to me.."

"..."

"..."

"I'm... sorry" Sasuke said, quietly.

"I'm sorry Naruto, I don't know" Sasuke finished, walking off to his class.

I felt my knees quake as I dropped to the floor, my eyes brimming with tears. I se my hand on the wall, resting my head there.

I heard Kakashi sensei's classroom door open, and felt him tap me on the shoulder. As I looked over at him with my tear-stricken eyes, he motioned for me to come into his room.

When I stepped in, he let me sit at a desk and left me alone. We sat there for about 5 minutes, before he spoke up.

"Your parents and Sasuke's parents knew each other. They always thought you two would do something great." He said slowly.

"Ino stopped by and talked to me about what she was feeling. She said that you would forget anything I tried to tell you today... So, I want you to remember. Remember everything." I cocked my head to the side as he spoke, his words spiking my interest in the conversation.

"Your father was a remarkable man. A long time ago, he vowed to kill Fugaku Uchiha after finding out he did something horrible" Kakashi wanted to continue, but I interrupted him.

"I did that in my dream! Me and Sasuke... we killed him!" I exclaimed loudly.

"... Don't interrupt." Kakashi said after a long pause.

"Sorry, sorry." I apologized quickly, rubbing the back of my head.

"... But, he died before he could. The mother died in the same accident. But, the baby miraculously survived. Does this story sound familiar to you?" Kakashi asked me.

"Yes... but he couldn't be him, could he? There is no way..." I said, looking down.

"Naruto... Someday you must accept the fact that..." Kakashi started.

"Minato Namikaze is my father..." I finished