Chapter 18

And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today
I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, I'mma face my demons
I'm manning up, I'mma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up

~

Naruto p.o.v

The hands pulled me up and carried me slowly towards a car with tinted windows. I wanted to fight, but my body wouldn't respond. I looked behind me to see...

Sasuke

Covered in blood, unconscious and limp on the floor, bullet holes in his back.

My own eyes widened and I finally found the will to fight. I tried pulling out of the person's hold, but they held me pretty tight. 

"SASUKE!" I screamed back, trying to reach him. I saw Mikoto tending to his wounds as she looked at me. She mouthed the words I'm sorry and continued tending to Sasuke. I wanted to be mad at her, but I understood the part on why she was tending to Sasuke.

He was in immediate danger of dying. 

I was thrown in the backseat, slamming on the window a few times before realizing it was useless. I slumped down in the seat, still terrified of the situation placed in front of me. I hugged my own knees against my chest as rain splattered down onto the windows.

We reached our small two-story house. As I was dragged out of the car, I slumped my shoulders and had my chin faced downwards. When the door opened, I was met with my two siblings: Naruko and Kitsune. (Get it? Fox in Japanese and female naruto? I'm so original)

Kitsune only looked at me for a brief second before returning to his room. Naruko looked generally worried, but I think it was for our parents. They were the foster parents kids, while I was just adopted. They never really liked me, but I couldn't leave until I  was 18, sadly.

I broke free of my foster father's arms and ran up to my room. This was the only place I could feel safe, even though every spot in this house was unsafe. There were no windows, like they didn't want me to leave.

I wanted to leave this place behind, to start a new life. All I wanted was to have a happy ending with someone special to me. Instead, I get this shitty life. I thought I could be happy, I thought that someone would come along.

I gained the confidence to step out of my room, and to walk down to the 1st floor of our house. I quietly walked towards the bathroom. In it, there was a small window above the toilet.  

It opened with a click and I crawled out. I landed in a heap underneath the window outside my house. I crept across the grass, finally reaching the street. I ran towards where Sasuke lived, realizing that I would never get there at the rate I'm going.

It was futile to keep running, that I knew. Considering being extremely fatigued, and scared shitless, I could not be able to get there.

But, I still ran. I continued to run, the thought of seeing Sasuke okay driving me on.

"Naruto! You look tired. Need a ride!" A familiar voice called out to me. I looked in the direction of the voice to see Ino in the passenger seat of Sakura's car, calling out to me. Sakura had slowed to a stop, and I sighed in relief.

As I climbed in the backseat of her car, Sakura asked me where I was going. I told her Sasuke's address, and she started driving there. When we arrived, I got out and thanked them. I waved goodbye as she drove off. 

I made my way up to Sasuke's doorstep, slight hints of blood still there. I knocked on the door, Itachi's glum expression greeting me. He let me inside, most of the interior was clear of blood. I spotted Sasuke unconscious on the couch, Mikoto watching him closely.

She looked surprised when she saw me, probably not expecting me to be here. She turned back to Sasuke, only after motioning for me to step closer to her. I gazed down at his lifeless form, bandages all the way around his chest. I saw a small metal tray that had spots of blood on it, and 4 silver bullets with a pair of tweezers on it.

I held Sasuke's hand and laid my head against his chest, his slight heartbeat being the only thing I wanted to hear right now.

Please, Sasuke. Please be alright.

Did anyone think Sasuke was dead? Hahaha you better pray to every single god out there I don't kill him. But still, this story is just all over the fuckin place. Any who, please be patient as the next chapter is being worked on!