PART 21 - THE MISTAKE

Hola Everyone

It's Saturday and I am back with the next update😀😀😀!!!

Thank you everyone for the votes & comments, Thank you for encouraging me, really means a lot 🙂🙂🙂

Note- The parts in italics is  flashback while the parts in normal text is present.

Without further ado here's the next part, Hope you like it.

*****************
"MISHA, PLEASE TELL SOMETHING. HOW DID I END UP HERE? AND...AND WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?"

Misha kept looking down, unable to meet his gaze. She was a confident, independent & fearless girl but at present Dev's demeanour as well as loud voice had rendered her speechless, she just kept quiet hoping that it would calm him down but unfortunately the exact opposite was happening, seeing Misha quiet Dev's anger increased, he moved forward and held her shoulders forcefully.

"For God's sake Misha, Speak up. Look at me and tell what happened last night? How did I come here and where are my clothes which I was wearing yesterday" he thundered at her as Misha shuddered in fear, it was the first time she had seen him get angry in all these months. She slowly lifted her head up and looked in his eyes.

It was the first time she had ever looked in his eyes and she was left speechless once again because apart from anger there was something else which she could see in those brown orbs. She found a certain sadness but more than that there was guilt in those eyes, guilt that he had done some mistake which left her perplexed.

"Damn it Misha, answer me" he screamed once again as fear surged through her as she tried gathering her courage to answer him

"Si...Sir...N..No.." she stammered but right at that moment someone interrupted their conversation.

"Kya hua Dev, Tum Chilla kyun rahey ho?" it was Ranveer who spoke while Tina followed him into the room, they had heard Dev's loud voice which prompted them to come into the room, they had just arrived at Misha's home.

"Ranveer, Tina Tum? Tum log yahan kya kar rahey ho?" asked Dev looking at them confused.

"Batata hoon, Par ye bata tu chila kyun raha tha Misha par?" Ranveer asked again as Dev left Misha who immediately left the room hiding the tears which were threatening to spill from her eyes, Tina went behind Misha as well knowing very well that she would have been affected by Dev's behaviour.

"Issey kya hua?" asked Ranveer as he saw them leave, turning towards Dev he asked "Dev sach sach Bata kya hua, kya kaha tuney usey? Misha aisey kyun chaley gayi?"

"Wahi toh main bhi jaan na chahta hoon Ranveer ki kal raat kya hua tha? Main yahan kaisey aaya aur... aur... mere kapdey, mere kapdey kahan hai? Kya kal raat kuch galat...." he spoke hysterically  and stopped abruptly unable to ask further, his voice & expressions was conveying guilt which Ranveer did not miss, he could understand what Dev was trying to say.

"Tere aur Misha ke beech aisa kuch nahi hua jiss ki wajah se tu guilty feel karey" said Ranveer as Dev sighed in relief but the next moment he asked "Toh Phir, kal raat ko exactly kya hua tha Ranveer, Mujhey sirf ye yaad hai ki main pub main pee raha tha, lekin uskey baad kya hua muhey kuch yaad nahi hai?"

"Har baar ki tarah tu nashey main ekdam dhoot hokey apney hosh kho baitha tha. Luckily Misha wahi thi apney doston ke saath, tujhey uss halat main Dekh kar usney humey call kiya lekin she could not get through to us. Seeing no other way, she brought you here. Lekin baarish ki wajah se tu kaafi bheeg chuka tha aur uski wajah se tujhey bukhar bhi ho gaya tha. Misha ne phir humey contact karney ki koshish ki. Luckily, she could connect with me and told me the situation. After which I came here in half an hour and changed your clothes, at that time I only had a track pant with me. In fact, after that Misha helped me with getting the medicines for you" said Ranveer as Dev slapped his head, guilty that he shouted on the poor soul without any mistake of her when she had gone out of the way and helped him, Ranveer did not miss Dev's expressions change as the truth dawned on him, he could exactly gauge what was going through in his mind.