PART 23 - A FRESH START

Hola Everyone

It's Saturday and I am back with the next update😀😀😀!!! Apologies for the delay as I was caught up with my work

Thank you everyone for the votes & comments, Thank you for encouraging me, really means a lot.🙂🙂🙂

Note- The parts in italics is flashback while the parts in normal text is present.

Without further ado here's the next part, Hope you like it.

******************

"DEV" said the person as he turned to look at her, as soon as he saw the person a bright smile formed on his face, he put down the kid he was twirling and moved towards her, he touched her feet to take blessings.

"Jeetey reho beta, kaisey ho tum. Iss baar kaafi dino baad aaye ho tum" asked the person with a fake anger to indicate him that she was upset with his late visit which Dev understood

"Sorry Badi Maa, Haan Bohot din baad aaya hoon lekin iss baar humesha humesha ke liye aya hoon main yahan" he said as he held his ears with a smile on his face while the lady looked at him in surprise, for she did not miss the sadness laced in his voice.

"Arey ye toh acchi baat hai, Chal mere kamrey main Chaltey hai. Wahan jaakey baat kartey hai" she said, though she knew something was amiss, she did not want to ask Dev about it before the kids as well as the elders who were very happy with his arrival and she did not want to spoil their happy mood. Dev nodded as she said that as both proceeded to her room to catch up on the lost time.

The person was none other than Ms.Gayatri Saxena, in her late sixties she ran an NGO DRISHTI which took care of orphans and was also an Old age home where the homeless adults took care of these abandoned kids as their own. She was a Professor at Delhi University Teaching History before retiring after the death of her husband 10 years ago, after a year she had decided to shift to her hometown in Mandli, a small village situated 200 kms from Shimla after selling everything she had in Delhi. It was here that she had set up her NGO, a dream she had harboured right from her teaching days, away from the hustle bustle of the city she had set it up for all the homeless kids and Old people in and around Shimla along with starting a small school where education was provided to the kids. Though she had left Delhi she was often invited at various Educational conferences and colleges in Delhi for sharing her knowledge.

It was during one such conference that she met Dev 3 years ago. It was a conference on "IMPROVING THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IN INDIA" and both were invited to speak at the event. Both were impressed with each other's talk and during the High Tea got introduced to each other and that's when a relationship of a lifetime started between them, a relationship which gave both the feeling of contentment, while Dev received the motherly love which he had lost after the relationship with his own mother had fractured, For Gayatri Saxena, Dev was the child she never had. After his friends and Golu, she was the only person who knew the real Dev Dixit who had hidden himself from the world under the garb of a flirty irresponsible young man.

******************

Far away in Delhi, Misha along with Sonakshi stood outside a building with the name ASRA written on the board which hung outside it. Sonakshi was perplexed as to what this place had to do with Dev's past.

"What are we doing here Misha?" she asked her in a confused tone

"Let's go inside" said Misha as she along with Sonakshi entered the place, as soon as they entered the place Sonakshi was left speechless, on one side she saw numerous specially challenged kids playing and helping each other out. On the other side there was a group of Blind kids who were being taught by a 17yr old girl who herself was blind as well, tears started flowing from Sonakshi's eyes as she saw them.