Chapter Twenty Three

Perrie walked in, leading a dazzled looking Zayn. He grinned cheekily at her as she turned to leave the room and she shot back a flirty smirk.

“Hey Zayn.” He snapped out of his mini trance and his eyes shot to mine. “Why are you here?” I asked curiously.

“I just wanted you to know that I have moved on.”

“Excuse me?” What is he talking about?

“Well, when you were hit by that car, Harry went into that depressed mode and I realized that I hadn’t. I had feelings for you, but I wasn’t as upset as a person with a crush on someone should be when that person is hurt. Ugh…this isn’t coming out right…” he muttered.

“No no! I understand what you are trying to say!” I said quickly. I wanted to let him get his thoughts spoken aloud.

“Okay…well…it made me realize that maybe I didn’t have the feelings for you that I thought I had. Maybe I was just jealous of the fact that I didn’t have someone to love like you and Harry and that maybe I just mistook my envy for some kind of feelings of love for you…”

“So are you saying…”

“I’m saying that you won’t have to worry about me loving you anymore. I mean I still love you…but only as a friend. What I said just now may sound incredibly rude but…”

“Zayn, if I could walk I would go over to you and kiss you right now! I am so proud of you!” I interrupted. He looked confused. “Zayn…you have gotten over your feelings for me. That’s fantastic! Now you won’t have to suffer in silence or whatever whenever you see Harry and I together!”

“So you are getting back together?” He sounded simply curious, not jealous, angry, sad anything. He just sounded like he honestly wanted to know.

“Yes. We both love each other so why not? Well that’s what I think anyway. Harry might not want to…”

“Oh trust me he does,” he said, interrupting my ‘going into depressed mode’ speech.

“Really?”

“Really.”

“YAY! Next time you see him can you tell him that I want to see him and to get his ass over here,” I asked, elated by what Zayn had told me. Harry wanted to get back together with me! If I wasn’t strapped down, I would be dancing for joy right now. Actually I would be in his arms, holding him, kissing him…

“Would you like me to go get him now? I can go get him if you want,” he asked, eyeing me carefully almost as if he was looking for any signs of resistance. But there were none.

“YES PLEASE! Oh and Zayn, before you go…” I began to say as he got up to leave. “I just wanted you to know that I’m going to help you find someone that you can love as much as Harry loves me.”

He grinned and then his eyes travelled to where Perrie was standing just outside in the corridor, talking to a doctor.

“It’s okay. I think I already found someone…” he mumbled before rushing out.

I sighed contentedly. Everything was working out. If things went right by the end of the week I would have Harry again, Louis would have Eleanor, Liam would have Danielle and Zayn would hopefully have Perrie. That just left poor Niall. Who could Niall have? He couldn’t be the ONLY one without someone to love.

Just then someone burst through the door that Zayn had closed just a minute before.

It was Rose.