Chapter 1

The warm feeling of his hands resting on my stomach as my back was laid against his chest. He was of course pressed on the window. This was my favorite kind of day. Everything was slowed down and simple. He'd actually make me tea which would sting my throat, but in good way. The only tears that spilled were the ones shed for our favorite movie Green mile. My heart fluttered inside of my chest when he whispered in my ear and pulled my cardigan I was wearing tighter on my body. When I wasn't in pain his fingers actually tickled my skin and I felt loved. 

The Titanic was on the tv but we barely were paying attention as he peppered my neck with kisses. Every now and then telling me I was beautiful and he loved me. Not that I believed him. These moments were to redeem himself. After a year of all the threats and fights I came to realize these small moments were to make up for the fear he's put into me. I'd escape to work to not have to deal with him when he's mad. My car was my best friend, and you'd think I have the right mind to just leave but I was lost without him. When he walked out and was gone for two days he'd come back and find me drunk off my ass and passed out in the bed. 

Mine and Young's relationship consisted of two years of yelling and fighting, but sweet make up sex afterwards. Just to have him let me move in with him was like a dream. "Jada, are you listening to me?" Young said snapping me from my thoughts. His face was now serious his hands were squeezing my knees. I didn't say anything just softly nodded because I wasn't even listening. I didn't even know what he was talking about. "You don't listen, babe." He chuckled. His chest hummed with his voice. Low, deep and entrancing.

"I have work today. At 5." I said looking at the clock; reading 4:30 in green illuminating lights. I knew Young knew I'd use work to get away. Sometimes on days off I'd leave saying I had work and actually go and park outside the mcdonald's parking lot and read. Or cry. Which ever come first. 

"Why are you always leaving?" My heart sunk and I felt as though I should get up. "You can't have work everyday." He stated dryly. My arms jerked to push me off the couch from between his legs but he held me back down. "Jada. Baby. I swear to god if you're cheating on me-" 

I turned around so I was now in front of his face. "I'm not babe. I love you." I said caressing his cheek carefully, smiling. "You know that." I placed a kiss on his lips only to not get one back. I sunk back onto a pillow on the couch. "I should go get dressed now." I whispered and stood up. 

"Sit back down." He barked. Goosebumps raised on my arms as a chill ran down my back. His voice always wanted me to ball up. "Where are you going?" He said this time his voice laced with venom. 

"I told you- "

"I swear to god Jada. If I come to your job and you're fucking not there I will cut your throat!" His voice stormed the house when he yelled. Louder than thunder to me. He stood up so he was now towering me. The once glowing face which was whispering sweet words in my ear was now his familiar hard stare. "Go get dressed." He ordered and I inched away until I was out of his reach. 

I found a long sleeve blue shirt and a pair of pants. Which I put on quickly avoiding my reflection in the large mirror on the door. I pulled my hair up into bun and applied light make up on my face using my phone screen. I grabbed my shoes and hurried to the front door before I put them on. 

Young had settled back on the couch. His eyes focused on the television. I opened the front door and rushed to my car. Inside the seats were cold and the comforting smell of peanut butter and cigarettes hit my nose. For a while I thought about getting coffee before going to work, but I was already almost late.

Everyday was like this only sometimes it would be worse. It never gets better and sometimes I wonder if I can ever let down my walls.