Chapter 14

I rubbed my eyes trying to wake myself up. Kai held onto my arm gently guiding me through the house. The lights were off, which I found a little weird. Sleep was still trying to get passed me making me run into almost everything in sight. He pulled me until we got to the back door which he opened to reveal Kris, Lay, Baekhyun, and D.O standing in the yard with their shirts off. Immediately sleep was the last thing I was thinking about. I looked at Kai who just grinned at me. "We don't think you're crazy." Kai stated. "I know what you saw." I looked at him confused. What is he even talking about. I was starting to believe Lay did tell him. That they were planning on taking me to a institute for nuts people. I was injured. I don't need to be lured into a trap with shirtless men.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.  No one said anything only looked at each other. "I see. I see what is happening. This is a joke." I beamed. "Ha ha funny. I'm really tired." I said turning around to open the door up to the house, but was stopped by Kai's hand on my shoulder.

"I was there." He said seriously. No smile or anything. I didn't see him there what could he mean? "I scared off the Lyncan." I pushed his hand off my shoulder rolling my eyes. This wasn't a joke. I was being serious when I said I've seen those creatures. The fact they were treating it as a joke made my blood go cold.

"You think this is a joke?" My cheeks felt hot with the rage I was trying to control. "It's not! This is not funny what you are doing to me!" Kai tried coming closer to me only for me to step back. " I am not crazy." I said lastly.

"Listen Jada, we don't think you are crazy." He tried to touch my arm then realizing I was keeping my distance from him and returned his arm to his side. "What I want to show you is probably going to be crazy."

"No very crazy." Baekhyun called from behind him.

"Ok very crazy." He sighed.

"Whatever you do, do not go back inside." Lay said from the line. One by one I watched humans go from humans to dogs. Big dogs. Wolves. I knew these from the books. Werewolves. Kai was last.

"Don't be scared." He said and changed into one of them. His skin got and replaced with fur the same color of his hair. Lay, Baekhyun, and Kris all the same color brown and D.O almost blonde, but from far away you could see he was brown. I was speechless. I looked to Kai who looked at me with eyes I've seen before. He saved me from that Lyncan. I couldn't even believe what was in front of me. I was amazed and just shocked. There was no way I was looking at this. Something in my head told me to turn around and go back into the house. Pack up all my stuff and leave, but something else in me told me stay.

My eyes locked onto Kai's. I could almost feel him smiling at me as he licked his nose. Something else took over my legs making me step away from the door and into the crowd of werewolves. The one I knew was Kris was bigger than the rest coming up my my shoulder. Baekhyun was shorter than the rest. I was lost in the texture of their fur and the way their tails curled. I noticed D.O was missing fur in a skinny line down his leg. "Are the rest- were- werewolves?" I stuttered. Lay came behind me and pushed my hand up to rest on top of his head. I took that as a yes. "Woah." I smiled looking at each of them individually. They were beautiful. I had so many questions, but I knew weren't going to be answered at the moment.

Kai pushed through Kris and Lay to sit in front of me. My hands felt sweaty as they ached to touch him. Lay had left my touch to go join Kris and the rest who were off further into the woods. I reached out slowly to his chest. My hand was instantly buried in brown fur. I could feel his shorter hair under all the longer hair. He was soft.

He regained his stance and stood up again. He didn't come up very far like Kris had, only up to my elbow, but he was still big. I couldn't imagine being a werewolf. They basically grew about two times their size. He glanced back at Kris who was standing on a hill watching down on us. "Are you going?" I asked. He walked closer to me and turned around sitting. I took this as a sign for me to get on. I leaned onto his back carefully amd wrapped my arms around his neck. I gasped as he lifted my feet from the ground. I fixed myself on his back, burying my face in his soft fur. Even as a wolf he smelt like sweet vanilla and mints.

His pace was slow at first then he took off up the hill to join Kris, but didn't stop there. The wind blew through my hair as he ran beside his brothers. I watched Lay nip at Baekhyun making him almost run into a tree. Nature passed by me so fast. I was loving it.

It was understandable why Kai wouldn't say anything about being a werewolf, but why would he make me feel insane for saying I've seen one. I could have went my whole life without picking up on the fact that they were werewolves. Kris, Lay, and the rest of them ran back home after a while. I wouldn't blame them. It was so late. I stayed hanging onto Kai as he strolled through the woods. The stars were out for once and the moon was in plain sight. Bats flying tree to tree were seen in the sky if you looked close enough. I've never felt so safe. One would be scared out of their mind seeing that the people who they live with are werewolves.

My eyelids were getting heavy when I felt the fur on Kai disappear and he lifted himself off his all fours and stood on all twos. He held onto my legs as I held onto his back. "Jada, are you still awake?" He whispered. I nodded into his back and replied with a soft hum for yes. "I'm so sorry." I lifted my head off his shoulder and realized we were standing in his backyard again.

"For what?" I asked.

"For not telling you." This wasn't something he had to tell me. I could have went my whole life without knowing. "And for making you feel crazy." He sighed. "And I am so sorry for making you sleep on the couch." He stopped and ran his fingers through his hair. "Oh God, I'm so sorry for yelling at you too." I put my leg down for him to let me down so I could stand in front of him. "I was so stressed out and it made me mad. I almost had to watch you get killed." I grabbed his cheeks making him look at me.

"It's ok Kai." I smiled. "Calm down. This, what you told me, was wild and makes up for everything." I kissed his cheek. "Kai-" Whatever I was going to say was erased from my mind as his lips crashed into mine. I couldn't feel my legs. His lips still on mine as he picked my legs up from under me and carried me into the house. All the lights were off still and everyone was most likely in their beds asleep. He carried me up the stairs, as he did before when I was injured, and into his room. He placed me down into his bed and started laying blankets on the floor for him to lay on. "Lay with me." He put the blanket back on his drawer and gave me a 'you sure' look. I nodded and moved the blanket aside so he could slip in.

His warmth next to me was everything I wanted. His hands held onto my waist and his thumb rubbed my back gently. I needed to feel his lips on mine again. I leaned over reattaching our lips again. His warm and soft. The kiss was wet but a good kind. I felt like I was beginning to crave him. Unable to contain it I spread my other leg to be on the other side of him. The space between us non existing and I could feel his erection begging against my leg. His tongue slipped between my lips softly and I felt everything in me tingle. God, I need him.

I pulled away and took off my shirt. For the first time I didn't tell him to look away which made me feel a little bad. His hands caressed me softly. Touching me gently and aware of my bruised skin. His mouth left mine and trailed to my neck where he sucked carefully at my bare skin."Jada, I need you." He whispered in my ear. His voice was deep and raspy on my ear. It felt great,  but something in me started making me feel self conscious. The urge to cover myself up came over me and I pushed myself off of him.

"Can we maybe just lay here?" I asked shyly afraid he'd get mad at me. Instead he placed a soft kiss on my cheek and pushed some loose hair away from my face.

"Of course." He smiled and laid down next to me pulling me close to him. As much as I wanted to I didn't have it in me.

I knew I should have built my walls higher.