Chapter 3

I knew I was looking at myself in the mirror, but the more I looked around myself I knew it also wasn't me. My back and legs ached with pain I've never felt before and my teeth looked sharpened next to my normal ones. My skin crawled and I watched it turn black as hair sprouted from under my skin. "Kris!" I yelled. "Kris" I was panicking and my brother Kris was the only one home. "Kris, get in here!" I hollered louder. Soon enough my brother came into my view in the mirror. 

"Oh my god!" He exclaimed. I turned the sink on and tried to wash whatever was happening to me off. 

"Help!" I nearly screamed. Kris reached over me and turned the water off. 

"Kai this is great!" I looked at him confused. "Breath bro. Just breath it'll settle down." I inhaled deeply and exhaled. Sure enough my teeth rounded back to normal and my skin lightened back to its normal color. What the fuck is happening. 

"What the fuck just happened?" I said as calmly as possible. I knew exactly what was happening and from the smile on Kris' face I knew he knew too. I just needed clarification. 

"Wait till the rest of them hear about this." He laughed looking in the sink. "We honestly never thought this would happen to you. We were about to send you to a foster home." 

"Kris, am I- ?" I asked timidly. His laughing stopped and he was silent for a while, studying my facial expression. He was always the one to read someones face. He could probably see I was scared out of my mind which is why he got down on his knees next to me. 

"Kai, you know what this means right?" He half heartedly was smiling. I nodded. Of course I knew. I remembered every fight I heard between everyone when I was younger. We were actually in danger. Kris' hand found its way on my head. "It's alright." He pulled me into him and kissed my forehead. 

I knew exactly what I was. A werewolf.