Chapter 19

My heart caught in my throat at the news. I couldn't even look at Kai out of fear of something bad happening. He turned me into something I thought I was afraid of. Scattered thoughts and feelings filtered through my brain and I couldn't trust myself to even open my mouth. I can't be scared now. It already happened. "Ok." I sighed. It was the only thing ready to come out. A piece of toilet paper was spared on the ground which I used as a way to keep my busy during our long silence.

"So you're not mad?" Kai asked me. I shook my head slowly and stood up. Wiping all the ripped pieces of paper off my bare legs. My leg was in better condition and I didn't feel the need for crutches anymore. I made a mental note to return them to Suho later.

"Not really, there's nothing I can do about it." I sighed. "what now?" What was going to happened now. I'm a werewolf now. Everything Kris was afraid of will actually happen and now that they can see I'm healing quickly no doubt will I be out on the street. Laying in bed with Kai I'd finally come to the conclusion that if any ounce of me still loved Young, I will not be going back with him. My heart was breaking even more piece by piece the more I stayed here. Getting to know Kai and his family more even though I will be having to leave them soon. It tore me apart. Everything I said to Kai sounded incoherent to me. His eyes were watching my intently, probably waiting for me to make sense. It took me a while to realize that Kai was looking at the large band aid covering half my cheek, where Young scratched me. "Do you want to see it?" I asked him. He nodded. My fingers felt almost as if they were trembling as they curled to peel back the adhesive bandage revealing the infliction. It stung, but I toughed it out. Kai's fingers hovered over it, barely touching it.

"There is no way this is from a human." I held my breath for what felt like forever waiting for him to just say it. I knew what he was I just need the confirmation. "You said Young did this to you." He clarified. I nodded and his hands left my face. "Does he know about us? Did he say anything?" Kai's eyes were filled with worry the longer I tried to think. Then I remembered.

"Before he scratched me he said 'how are those werewolves treating you.' I swear to god I did not tell him anything" I assured. He ran his fingers through his hair, pacing back and fourth in this small bathroom. "I did not say anything." I td old him again.

"No- No I know." He stopped and inhaled deeply. "It's just-" His sentence wasn't finished as he turned to leave the bathroom. I following behind him. He entered a room. Kris, Suho and another sat at the table as soon as Kai entered all their attentions were on us. "The Lycans know about us." Kai said quickly. The smile on their faces dropped and replaced with furrowed eyebrows on confused faces.

"They've always known about us, Kai." The new face said. "We're werewolves."

"No Xiumin, I mean they know where we work. Who is associated with us." He turned around and grabbed my arm gently pulling me in with him. "Suho, tell me this doesn't look human. You've seen this mark before. It's on D.O's leg." He let go of my arm and leaned on the table in front of Kris. "One of them came into Lay and Jada's shop. He asked Jada about us." Kris' attention turned to me.

"What did you tell them!" He shouted to me as he stood up. Kai stood between us.

"She told him nothing." Kai assured frantically. "What I'm trying to say is that they are catching on. One of them got into the house for fuck's sake." Kai ran his hand in his hair again. "Did he say anything to Lay?" Kai turned to me. I shook my head frantically still rattled from Kris' sudden rage. "So I don't think he knows much."

"He hasn't always been a Lycan." I spoke. All the eyes in the room shifted to me and I felt like the air got harder to breathe.

"So he was turned?" Suho asked. I nodded shifting my gaze between him and Kris. "Why would they just turn a random person?"