Chapter 9

"Jada, get up." I opened my eyes slowly to see Kai laying on the bed next to me. I could feel heat rising in my cheeks. "Oh great you're awake." He smiled turning around and getting up off the bed. It was then I realized he was not wearing a shirt and slightly tight black pants. "No one is home and I have the car so we can do what ever we want. Plus, Suho had borrowed some crunches from his work. We can really do whatever we want!"  I laughed at the character he showed when he talked. He pulled a white shirt on over his head and turned around to me. "That is if you get up." I tossed the blanket off me carefully and threw my legs off the edge. 

"I cannot leave this house like this." I said looking at my shirt with the stain and my shorts that barely fit. "Do you have any extra pants that you don't need?" Kai furrowed his eyes brows, but proceeded anyways to search through his drawer. He pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans.

"They don't fit me anymore, But I don't think they would fit you." He said sheepishly. 

"Can I borrow some scissors?" I'd always managed to make something out of Young's old pants. I figured maybe I could make a pair of shorts out of Kai's. He retrieved a pair out of a cup by his window. I laid the pants out straight on his bed, as Kai watched me. I made sure to measure them to make sure I cut it straight and cut straight across. I pulled away the separated legs and held up my new shorts. 

"Clever." He smiled. "I think Lay has a shirt that would fit you. If it doesn't you can just cut it up." He joked and left the room to get the shirt. I quickly pulled off my shorts and put on the new ones. They fit perfectly. Lay came into the room holding a black t shirt. I picked it up to see the very colorful cartoon design. 

"Turn around." I ordered and waited till his back was facing me to take off the shirt I was wearing before. I caught sight of the bruises on accident. They were fading, but not fast enough. Some were worst than others. Different shades of purple and blue were lining up along my ribs. I touched them gingerly. My fingers dragged against them gingerly which made it kind of tickle, in a bitter way. 

"Stop looking at it." I looked up to Kai who was still turned away from me. "It'll only look worst than it actually is." I pulled on my shirt and told Kai he can turn back around.

"We should get going. Maybe we can get breakfast on the way."He smiled and walked over to me so I could again use him as a support. He helped me to get to the stairs and he carried me down them. Putting me down by the door and told me to wait there while he got the crutches and his keys. I put on my shoes, which had been covered in now dried mud from that night, he returned with a pair of crutches, handing them to me and helped me get on them. He still stayed by my side as we started outside to his car.

He drove a silver Impala and turned his music up loud enough for everyone to know he was coming. 

"where are we going first?" I yelled over the music he was blasting. He looked over to me smiling as he turned it down so now I could hear myself think. 

"I don't know." He took his bottom lip in between his teeth as he smiled at me. I felt like he was sucking my soul out of me with his eyes. "I think there's a place where we can get breakfast sandwiches to go." I liked the idea of breakfast sandwiches on the go. Maybe because I rarely had a sandwich on the go. Young hated buying me food and he almost always had the car so I couldn't go out and buy my own.

Kai drove up to a small house looking building. A lady was placed at the window chewing some gum. "Hi, how can I help you." Her mood immediately changed once she saw Kai's face and changed again when she saw me, another girl in the car with him. 

"I'll have a bacon and egg sandwich and a-" He turned to me quickly asking for my order with his eyes. I didn't bother checking the menu on the wall near us as I didn't want to frustrate him and told him I just wanted the same thing he was getting. He ordered two orange juices and paid her. She handed Kai our sandwiches, which he passed to me, They were still hot and gave me my can or orange juice. He parked over in front of a gas station where we both ate while the radio was on quietly.