Freshmen Year: Three

Himawari slowly shuffled her feet and watched as her tears fell from her eyes to the concrete of the sidewalk. She didn't look up until she reached the front door of her house. She quickly unlocked the door and ran up the stairs to her room where she threw her bag on the floor and face planted onto her bed. She was sobbing now, hyperventilating. Himawari clutched to the stuffed panda that sat among her abundance of stuffed animals. Her fingers absentmindedly traced the stitches where it had been sewn back together after Boruto had ripped it a couple of years ago.

"Boys are stupid." She whispered into the panda's ear. Hinata stood by her daughter's closed door reluctant to go inside. She was about to reach for the handle when the phone rang. She rushed down the stairs and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Hinata!" It was Sakura. "How's everything? Boruto, Himawari?" Hinata let out a sigh.

"Bolt's good but Himawari came home crying today. I don't know what to do, she's always so happy."

"Sarada came home a little off today. Maybe something happened at school. Just ask but don't be pushy. Anyway, I called to ask if you wanted to go out. Us and the girls. We haven't been able to hang out much since the children were younger and still had playdates."

"I think that's a great idea, how's Saturday?" Hinata asked as she looked at the calendar that hung on the wall next to her.

"Saturday is good, I'll tell the others. Night."

"Night." And the line went dead. Hinata put the phone back on its receiver and headed towards the staircase. She wanted to ask what was wrong with her daughter but this was a first. Himawari barely cried, she was like a tiny sun. Always bright. Hinata sat on the steps with her head in her hands. Himawari will come to me if she needs anything, I'll give her space. She thought to herself as she got up to start dinner.
***********
Inojin sat on the steps of the school as he played back what just happened in his mind. He did not mean for it to go that way...It just did. This was all Sarada's fault, if she hadn't been such a stuck up bitch none of this would've happened. Why is she so against relationships anyway. Did Boruto do something? Inojin let out a loud sigh just before his phone rang. He dug in his pocket and pulled it out. It was Shikadai.

"Hey what's up." He answered quickly, hoping to seem fine.

"Boruto and I just saw a crying Himawari run past us. And then Boruto turned red and started running back to the school. I think he's coming for you." Shikadai answered slowly with disinterest. Inojin choked on the air he was breathing.

"What!? How long ago was that!?!"

"Five minutes ago." Just as Shikadai said that Inojin was tackled from the side. His phone flew from his hand and him and his attacker started rolling down the stairs. His attacker, lost likely Boruto, was pulling on his hair as the went down. When they came to a stop at the bottom, Boruto was on top of him. His eyes were glaring into Inojin's soul. Then he started punching. Inojin lifted his arms to block his face.

"How could you do that to her! That's my baby sister! I trusted you! I thought you were my friend." Boruto yelled as he continued his assault. Inojin didn't retaliate, he deserved it. He did flirt a lot with the youngest Uzumaki. He even gave her a garden in his mother's shop. He liked her a lot and then Sarada said what she said. Her and her stupid logic! Why doesn't she have a heart! All he told Himawari was that she was too young, that she should wait. That maybe there was someone else better for her. Someone her age. Then behind her a box fell and her eyes started watering. Then she started running out the school. When she was gone he picked up the box. It was small and white with a red ribbon tied around it. Connected to it was a card.

Thank you for the garden. It took me a while to find something to give you in return. I hope like it! :-) :-* ;-)

Inojin didn't have the heart to open it so he put it in his bag. Now he was getting beat up by his crush's brother after making her cry. Today was such a great day...

A/N

A new chapter.

I'm joining a sports team at school. Yay! My first team ever. Wish me luck!

Vote, comment and stuff! 😁👑

~Hime