Junior Year: Part 2

A/N
Am I back???? Who knows but I'd like to thank all of you guys for sticking around. Hope you enjoy this chapter. TW: Mentions of bullying, substance abuse, and depressive/suicidal thoughts.
~
Sarada didn't have friends. She went to class. Talked to her therapist. That's it. She saw her mom once a week and texted her dad daily. Everyone at her new school seemed determined to stay teenage delinquents with substance abuse problems but not her. She wanted to get better. She would get better.
———
"Hey! Uchiha!" Sarada rolled her eyes and picked up her pace. She had homework to do.

"Give it up. She thinks she's too good for us." Sarada clutched her books tighter to her body. They don't know her. None of them did, none of them will. She heard them start walking behind her. Her heart pounded in her throat. She had to get out of there.

"Just because mommy dearest visits doesn't mean anything! Once that new baby comes, you'll be stuck here just like the rest of us." She noticed a bathroom and ran straight towards it.

"Least you can do is have some fu-" The door slammed behind her. She rushed to the farthest stall and locked it behind her before sliding to the floor. They were wrong. I'm gonna finish the semester, go home, welcome my new sibling, and my life will be back on track. Sarada was determined to make everything right again. She didn't have a choice.
———
Classes were easy for Sarada. Teachers boasted about her to her mom, her work was constantly used as student examples, and she was the top student. Just like before. To be fair, she was the only one really trying. She seemed to be the only one who wanted to leave.

She watched as her roommate snuck out at night only to be seen wandering the hallways with sunglasses. Her classmates often slept through classes and barley ate. It made her stomach ache with the familiarity of it all. She had been there. Running on coffee and drugs. Ignoring school and sleeping anytime she saw fit. Going through her days waiting for one to be her last. Hoping for it all to end.

It was depressing. Knowing that she had been there before and understanding why they chose to stay that way. She missed it, a little. Not having a care in the world. She almost gave in a couple of times. It was hard to walk by and not ask for a pull when she smelt weed. Missing the taste of alcohol on her tongue; missing the relaxation of it all. But they were wasting away. There was a difference between fun and dependence. Sarada didn't want to be dependent anymore...She wanted fun. She wanted late night conversations about mindless gossip with Chocho, sleepovers with Himawari, arguing over the logistics of games with Shikadai, receiving funny doodles from Inojin in class. She wanted studying with Mitsuki and helping him get Boruto out of trouble.

Most of all, she wanted Boruto.

His smile. His stupid laugh. His dumb blue eyes. His annoying catchphrase. His annoying plans that always got them in trouble.

Him.
~
A/N
Thanks again for sticking around. Wish I could've made this chapter longer for you guys. But unfortunately this all I've got for now.

Most of Sarada's feeling are, hilariously enough, reflect mine but unlike her I'm still in the boat. Wish me luck and send her some luck, too. She's clearly in love(ew).

Vote and comment.
~Hime