Goodbye

Boruto sat in the living room with a sleeping Himawari's head in his lap. She fell asleep half an hour ago. His eyes kept flickering between the door and his phone waiting for any updates from his mom. It was currently one in the morning and the last text he received was half an hour ago with a "She's been sleeping for hours but no nonfamily visitors until she's awake".

"You should probably take your sister to bed." Mitsuki said as he walked into the living room with Inojin behind him. Boruto had called him earlier when he found out and Inojin stayed because Himawari begged him to. No words have been exchanged between the four of them, it's been nothing but silence for that last couple of hours. Boruto has been practically buzzing the whole time, never letting his phone out of his sight or putting it down. He was only sitting now because Mitsuki forced him down about an hour ago. That, however, didn't stop him from checking his phone every second he could.

"Yeah, my mom's been calling and texting me. She'll kill me if I stay out any longer. I gotta go. Tell Hima I said bye." Inojin looked at the younger girl with a soft smile before turning to leave with a quick wave at the other boys. Boruto nodded his head distractedly, his eyes never leaving his phone screen, and Mitsuki waved back. The blue haired boy turned to his best friend and sighed.

"Bolt-"

"I know, I know. I'm just worried about her." The blue haired boy sighed and went to sit on the other side of his best friend.

"I am, too, but there's nothing we can do. She'll be fine. Okay?" Mitsuki placed a hand on Boruto's shoulder and gave him smile.

"We don't know that." The Uzumaki's voice was harsh but quiet, he didn't want to wake his sister. "I just.." His voice trailed off, he didn't know what to say.

"It's okay." Mitsuki reassured with another squeeze to Boruto's shoulder. "Why don't we go to bed so when your mom comes to get us later we won't be exhausted when we go see her." The blonde nodded and, reluctantly, put his phone in his pocket before picking up his sister and heading up the stairs with Mitsuki in tow.
_____
Chocho was the first person to rush into  the hospital room. Everyone else followed behind silently. Nobody said anything to Sarada and she didn't say anything to them. Inojin walked forward and held out his hands which had a bouquet of red roses. Sarada gave a small smile as a thank you before taking them and putting them in her lap.

"Guys-"

"Sarada-" Light blue and black eyes met. Sarada quickly shut her mouth and Boruto blushed but motioned for the Uchiha to continue.

"I'm moving. I get out the hospital tomorrow and then I leave the day after. I wasn't planning on saying goodbye to anyone except for Himawari but here you guys are." No one seemed shocked but the way Himawari clutched her brother's sleeve didn't go unnoticed. "I know we're not as close as we used to be so I doubted that you guys would've cared if I left. I'll miss you guys and I don't know if the feeling is mutual but that's okay. I need this break and maybe when, if, I come back things will be better between all of us. Okay?" Sarada smiled brightly but her eyes were telling another story. Boruto could see the sadness lingering in them and it broke his heart. He cleared his throat as if to fill the silence.

"Okay." Mitsuki responded back. The others nodded around him and gave their sounds of agreement. Boruto just looked at his shoes.

"Can we at least keep in contact?" Chocho asked. Her face lit up with the possibility and a smile danced at the corner of her lips. Sarada looked at her former best friend. She opened and closed her mouth before she shrugged. She had no idea where her phone was or if her parents were going to give her a new one yet and the school she was now enrolled in had a very strict electronics policy.

"I don't know." Chocho's face fell and the room fell silent. Their was an unfamiliar awkwardness filling up the room and it was making everyone anxious. Sarada was picking at her flowers, Shikidai was more awake than she's ever seen in her life, Inojin kept retying his ponytail, Chocho was fiddling with dress, and Himawari was hiding behind her brother. Mitsuki seemed to be the only calm one, he was acting as if everything was fine. And Boruto. Sarada could barely look at him. After their initial eye contact, Sarada couldn't bring herself to look his way again. She knew that if she did she would say something stupid or make things worse. Her heart pounded against her chest and she could hear the blood rushing in her ears. Her eyes stung with unshed tears as she looked at all the uncomfortable faces of her former best friends. "I-" Her voice caught, a sob trying to escape. They all looked at her and she cleared her throat. "You guys should go."

No one said anything but they all nodded even if their faces were telling another story. However, none of them moved. They didn't want to go and they had so much to say. The only person Sarada couldn't read was Boruto who's face was blank.

"We're sorry, Sara." Himawari whispered with tears in her eyes.

"We were jerks." Chocho continued.

"And we missed you." Inojin added.

"Your absence has been troublesome."

"And we're nothing without you." Mitsuki smiled.

"Forgive us?" Boruto looked her dead in the eyes. His eyes were pleading. Asking another, separate question. Forgive me, please? Her tears fell.

"I already did." The Uchiha sobbed. Her chest heaved and she hiccuped. They all rushed to her side and pulled her into a group hug. It made her think of her parents and she sobbed harder. "I already did."

A/n
Hi.
Vote, comment, and stuff.
~Hime