Sophomore Year: One

Chocho looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes slowly trailing over her body.

"Damn, I look great." She commented as she turned to the side. Her mother had commented on she's been growing up. Chocho thought she was just doing what mom's do but now she could clearly see it. She was losing her baby fat. Slowly but surely. "I can't wait to show..." Her voice faltered. Who could she tell? She couldn't tell the boys, that'd be weird. Himawari wouldn't understand and she really didn't have any another girl friends. A knock came from her foot and her mother walked in.

"Hey, pretty girl." Karui stepped over and started stroking her daughter's hair.

"Hi ma."

"You look sad, what's up?" Karui placed her chin atop Chocho's head and placed her daughter's bangs behind her left ear. Chocho sighed and looked at her mother's eyes, which were identical to hers.

"I miss Sarada. I'm getting older and all my friends are a bunch of stupid boys. I feel so out of place with them."

"Talk to her."

"But-"

"You guys have been friends since diapers. A connection like that just doesn't end."

"Yes it can! Teenagers are weird like that." Chocho stepped away from her mom, her eyes never leaving the mirror. The older woman's face fell when she saw how distraught her daughter looked. She picked up Chocho's phone from the bed and held it out to her.

"Just call her. Sarada misses you but her Uchiha pride won't let her say that." The younger Akimichi stared at her mother blankly.

"You're joking, right?" Chocho asked as she reluctantly took her phone. Karui chuckled.

"If that's what you want to believe. I'm not making you do it." Their matching eyes made contact with each other. Karui placed a hand on her daughter's cheek. "I love you, my pretty girl." She placed a kiss on Chocho's forehead and left the room. Then the phone rang. A picture of her and Sarada taking a selfie appeared. She answered.

"Sarada?"

"Hey..."

A/N

Bloop, cliffhanger!

Last chapter was cliffhanger, too. I wonder what Boruto is gonna do to Inojin.... Welp! Guess we'll never know. 😉

Jk, just wait and see.

Vote, comment, or whateva
~Hime