Sophomore Year: Six

Himawari held up finger guns to the reflection of her brother who was laying next to her and took a shot.

"Are you done killing me?"

"Just one more. This one is for Sarada." Boruto raised his eyebrows, trying to pass for nonchalant, but he felt his chest clench. He let out an awkward cough and sat up.

"Yeah, okay." Himawari took the shot and smiled. She fell back onto the bed as if her finger gun had a kickback and laughed. She turned to look at the blonde boy, the smile never leaving her face.

"HaveyoutalkedtoInojin?" She asked with the same excitement of a four year old receiving a pony. Her smile was bright and Boruto was shocked.

"What?"

"Have you talked to Inojin recently?"

"Why?" He hadn't talked to the other blonde since the last time he tried to beat him up and he had no intention of doing so anytime soon. They were on terrible terms and he was a little reluctant to fix that bond considering the fact that the other blonde made his sister cry. So he was confused.

"Because I asked you to!" The younger Uzumaki jumped on her brother. Boruto shoved her off and stood up.

"Sorry?" He shrugged. He doesn't remember her asking.

"So you didn't." Himawari wasn't really surprised. Everything her brother did wasn't a surprise, he was becoming very predictable.

"We're not really friends right now. He probably hates me."

"And who's fault is that." Boruto rolled his eyes.

"Yours. For having a stupid crush on him. For falling for his stupid gifts. For believing the first boy to have any conversation with you would like you. Yours for being my little sister." He saw Himawari flinch in the mirror and his heart dropped. He turned and opened his mouth to apologize but she beat him to it.

"Sorry for being born and being such a big inconvenience." Boruto rolled his eyes again before leaving. He knew he was being unreasonable and that he was just taking out his anger on her but he didn't apologize. Himawari shrugged, completely unfazed by her older brother's mini-meltdown because they've become a daily thing. She got up and stood by her door, staring at her brother as he walked down the hall. "Maybe you should use this same energy to talk to Sarada! Or use it to actually put effort into your life, which you claim is falling apart! Newsflash, it's your fault, dattebasa!" She mocked. Then she heard the front door slam. Himawari smirked to herself, at least she knew he heard her. She, just like Mitsuki, was tired of this attitude. It was annoying and needed to be checked. Her brother was acting like a spoiled brat.
************
Inojin sat on his bed with the box next to him. He was going to open it.

Open the box.

Right now.

The red box with the bow.

Nothing was stopping him.

Nothing at all.

No one was there.

It was just him and the box.

That box.

"You got this, Inojin. Just open it." He reached a hand out and placed it on the box. He started to pick up the lid but he stopped. He grabbed it and shoved it right back in his bedside table. "Maybe tomorrow..." He let out with a sigh. His eyes lingered on the closed drawer before turning and leaving his room. Inojin walked into the flower shop, towards his mother who was talking to a customer by the door. He stopped behind her and grabbed an apron from the rack beside her. He was about to turn and go look after the plants when the lady called his name.

"Hi, Inojin. I haven't seen you in awhile. How's everything?" It was Hinata. She was holding a a pot with a sunflower in it.

"Hi. I'm fine. How's Himawari.... And Boruto?" He was hoping the delay wasn't too obvious. Judging by the way Hinata carried the conversation, it wasn't.

"She's okay, this flower is actually from the garden you gave her. She's here a lot, I'm surprised you don't see her. Anyway, she wanted one to look at when she can't come here." Inojin smiled a little at that. His heart started beating and he couldn't hear what Hinata was saying about Boruto, not that he cared. They weren't talking anyway. He felt eyes on him. He looked up to see his mother and Hinata staring at him expectantly. He missed something.

"Huh?"

"Do you want to come over for dinner sometime? I know Himawari would appreciate it." The woman smiled. Inojin froze. Himawari would appreciate it?! He was freaking out. What does she mean by Himawari?! Why only her specifically?! Ino hit her son in the back of his head, knocking him out of his trance.

"I would love to."

"Great! See you Friday." With that Hinata left. Inojin turned to glare at his mother who was smiling proudly like she just won the lottery or something.

"Awww, he's going to see his little girlfriend." She squealed and turned back into the shop.

"She's not my girlfriend, mom..."

"Not yet."

A/N

It's been almost two months. You hate me. It's understandable. I'm a mess. With writer's block. We love that...

Hope you liked this...

Vote, comment, or whatever.

~Hime 😅