Sophomore Year: Two

Sarada sat on a bench in the park, her eyes frantically looking for Chocho. It was their first time talking since her party and that was almost six months ago. She checked her phone for the time.

7:00

They had an hour, before school started, to talk and Sarada needed this. Especially if her suspicions were true.

"Sarada? What's wrong? You sounded a little out of it on the phone yesterday." Sarada looked up to see Chocho sitting on the bench next to her, worry etched onto her face.

"Yeah, I'm good." They looked at each other. The silence was a little awkward but not as bad as they thought it would be. "How are you?"

"I'm fine but you called." Sarada looked away. "S-"

"I think my mom might be pregnant." Chocho sucked in a breath.

"Pregnant?" Sarada nodded. "You're in high school. That's a pretty long time to wait before having another child. Are you sure she's just not getting fat."

"You're really questioning me? I practically grew up in the hospital. I know what all stages of a pregnancy look like. Also, my observations and research are usually never wrong." Sarada defended with a little glare. Chocho laughed.

"Okay, yeah, that's true but fifteen years?"

"A huge gap, I know. Also at thirty-five, it's a high risk pregnancy but my mom's been studying medicine since she was twelve. She knows what she's doing. Plus, she'll have me and my father is around more. There really is no issue." Sarada calmly explained. She was talking like she always did, rationally with no emotions.

"How do feel about this possibility?" Sarada froze. She never really stopped to think about that before.

"What do you mean? It's a good thing. A baby. It would most likely bring my parents closer together and strengthen their relationship. Not only that but countless studies show that two children families tend to be happier, especially if both are girls." Chocho opened her mouth to say something but Sarada was quicker. "My research also states that happiness in parents increase before and after their first and second child's birth before going back to their pre-child happines. Happiness is always an upside. Especially considering-"

"Sarada."

"Chocho." They stared at each other for while. Sarada's face was blank and Chocho rolled her eyes. Chocho was the first to break eye contact because Sarada's face was unsettling. Sarada checked the time on her phone.

7:45

"We have to go." The Uchiha stood and started walking out the park. Her shoulders were pulled back in her perfect posture but her usually confident walk was stiff. She seemed to be closed into herself and was trying to make herself smaller. Chocho watched sadly as one of the most important people in her life become something she wasn't.

"Sarada. I'm so sorry."
************
Througout the day Chocho kept an eye on Sarada. She noticed how quiet she had become. She sat in the back now with her new friends. She wasn't raising her hand to answer questions or correct teachers. Her usually expressive face stayed blank and lacked emotion. Sarada never wore red or pink anymore. Any trace of her signature colors were gone. She only ever wore blacks, grays, and whites. Chocho felt terrible for not realizing how much Sarada was changing and how sad she was.

Chocho's heart hurt.

Her best friend wasn't her best friend anymore.
************
"Yo, Sarada!" Two girls ran up to her. The taller girl had short, dark brown hair and was wearing a light green crop top with brown shorts. The other had light brown hair in two ponytails and was wearing orange capris with a matching sweater. Sarada acted confused.