34. Life Pauses

Elisa's P.O.V

So my date with Ayven wasn't bad at all. He decided to take me to the movies and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Well besides me tripping over my own two feet and landing on his shoulders, but he was there to catch me. Not to mention that I accidentally spilled some soda on his shirt after this kid tugged on my shirt thinking I was his mom. But other than that it was a very good date.

Ayven was dropping me off at my house at the moment. He walked me to my front porch and took me to the steps of my front door.

"Thanks for the movie date Ayven I actually had a pretty good time." I spoke up his hand locked with mine.

"That's great to hear Elisa. I'm still happy you got to go with me to the movies." He said as he walked me to the nearest bench that was next to my door.

"I am too." We both sat down enjoying each other's company looking at the stars gleaming from the night sky.

"So Elisa-" Ayven spoke up as I turned my head to face him.

"I was wondering if you would like to go on another date with me? Maybe we can go on a picnic or a fancy restaurant you'd like to go to."

My mind was going in different places. I honestly didn't want to go on another date with Ayven. I have been thinking about Lucas all this time. And no I wasn't imagining Ayven as Lucas so just to clear that up.

He was waiting for an answer and I was just standing there speechless. I couldn't just make up a lie cause the truth will always come out and I can never say no straight up to someone. I feel like a very bad person when I say no.

"Um yeah sure, I'd really like that." I nodded my head but inside of my head, I was punching my own gut.

"Great! So Saturday night then? Same time?" He jumped up from his seat as he pulled me up with him as well.

"Yeah I'll see you on Saturday!"

"Great!" He leaned in and gave me a quick peck on the lips as he said his goodbyes and left running to his house.

I sighed knowing the way things were coming up, it is not going to end well.

My weekend was not exciting at all really. I just sat on the couch binge watching series on Netflix, eating or taking long naps (for me known as life pauses).

It was Monday morning as I started getting ready for school. I didn't really want to go since I was to comfortable in my bed, but at the same time I hate missing out on school, since something exciting always happens when I'm not there.

I got ready too early so I decided to get some fresh air and walk my way to school since it's not too far away. I walked outside and locked my door also making sure I had everything I needed.

"Hey Lisa!" I heard my name being called out from far away. I turn my head and see Lucas getting out of his house with Lea in his arms.

"Hey guys!" I made my way towards them, making sure no cars came down the street while I crossed going to their house.

"Why you up so early?" Lucas asked as he set Lea down on her feet. They both walked over to the car as Lucas opened the back seat for Lea.

"I honestly have no idea, I got ready earlier than expected." We both laughed as he helped Lea get on her booster seat.

"So why are you guys up early?" I asked for my satisfaction of curiosity.