24. Mexico And Lollipops

Elisa's P.O.V
It was finally lunch time. My favorite period out of all the seven classes I have. I sat down at our special table called the outcast table. In this table the only best outcasted people sit here like Lizzie, Jacob, Michael, and me.

As I pull out my lunch Lizzie comes with Michael still locked up in the handcuffs. They both sit down and look upset.

Jacob then comes and sits next to me looking scared at Lizzie and Michael.

"Is everything okay you guys?" I ask.

"No! Jacob lost the key and now we're not gonna be able to get out of these handcuffs." Michale said putting his hand on his face.

"I said I'm sorry I'll just look for a different key you'll be out of there in no time." Jacob assured.

"Promise?" Lizzie said in a calming voice.

"Promise just give me some time okay?"
They both nodded there heads. To be honest I think they look cute together, but on the other hand I would want some space too.

I can tell Lizzie is loving being handcuffed to Michael and so is Michael to Lizzie. They act like they don't but in reality they do enjoy it.

"Hola muchachos and muchachas." Said a voice from behind I turned to face the person behind me and it was Lucas. He sat on the table and put a foot up on the seat.

"Hey what are you doing here?" He's always hanging out with the cool kids also known as the jocks and the cheerleaders.

"There was some drama going on and some people were trying to get me into it so I just left. You mind me hanging out here?" Lucas said.

"Yeah sure bud." Michael said getting a fist bump from him.
There was a moment of silence and nobody said a word, just stealing off glances from each other.

"So what do y'all wanna do?" I break the silence.

They all think for a minute until Lucas speaks up.

"Why don't we tell each other legends. My cousins and I would tell each other legends to scare ourselves when we were kids." Lucas smiles at the memory.

"Sounds like a good idea!" Jacob clapped his hands.

"Yeah let's do it!" Lizzie said in excitement.

"Why don't you start of Luke?" Michael suggests.

"Okay um let me think... Have y'all heard the legend of the Llorona?"

We all shook our heads no.

"I know this legend since part of my family is Mexican and this legend takes place in Mexico. So here's how it goes, the legend says that a beautiful woman named María, drowns her children in a river in revenge because her husband left her for another woman. She drowns herself in the river when she realizes she killed her own children. When she died her sprit was before the gates of heaven, they were asking what happened to her children, she was not permitted to enter the afterlife until she finds her children. María (the llorona) was forced to wander the Earth for all eternity. La Llorona will kidnap wandering children who resemble to her missing children. She asks them for forgiveness, then drowns the children to take the place of her children. Some say those who hear the wails of La Llorona are marked for death but those who escape in time are safe. If you ever go near her she might be crying out ¡Ay, mis hijos!,which means Oh, my children! And that is the legend of the Llorona."

"Wow poor Maria." I say

"But in one way it was her fault." Lizzie says.

"Yeah I used to wander off a lot and when my cousin told me this legend I was always near my family."

"Nice legend bro. Guess who's telling that to their future kids to scare the heck out of them." Michael smirked at the idea.

Lizzie smacked him in the shoulder and laughed at his remark.

"Who's got another one?" Lizzie asked.

"I do!" Jacob jumped in excitement.

"Let's here it."

"Okay this is a story about a haunted zoo. In this legend a man named Zachery was working as a janitor at that time. One night he was left to lock up the place after the zoo had a huge celebration. He ended up staying there until 12:00 am just cleaning the whole zoo by himself. Once he was putting back all the supplies back in the closet, he heard a strange noise coming from behind. When he turned around he saw a little boy with a lollipop watching him. The man asked him why he was here. And the little boy didn't respond. He asked again and no response, he moved the boy aside and went to see if this was a joke. The janitor looked around and there was nobody in sight. He turned back to the little boy and Zachery saw that he was gone. He heard noises more specifically clanking and clinging everywhere he turned around and saw the animals were let go from their cages. Every single one was out. The lion faced Zachery and it got closer and closer to him. Zachery stood still to fool the lion but soon enough the lion knew he was good enough to eat. The ghost of Zachery wanders around in the zoo at night scaring off anybody who enters the zoo and anybody who is stubborn not to leave he'll let the lions out to eat you alive. And it all started with a little boy with a lollipop."

"And where is that zoo at?" I asked.

"It's here on the other side of town." Jacob said.

"I want to know if it's true!" Lucas yelled out.

"Same here." Michael said fist bumping Luke.

"Guys this is all a legend it's not true." Lizzie said.

"The only way to know is to go and check it out." Jacob smirked hoping they'll agree to what he's thinking.

"Y'all wanna find out?" I asked going along with Jacob's idea.

"Yeah so I can prove that this is all fake." Lizzie crossed her arms.

"And too make it more interesting on Halloween night. At midnight." Michael said.

"Y'all wanna do it?"  I asked.

They all nodded they're head in excitement.

"Then it's settled on Halloween night at midnight, to find the little boy with the lollipop."

Hey guys!

Can't wait for the next chapter!
I don't know might be full with surprises maybe...

Next update gonna be on Halloween! I would give y'all candy but this is all I got. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anywho...
So excited for Halloween!! What are y'all dressing up as? Imma be a scarecrow since it's something that's gonna be comfortable to trick or treat in :)

See you guys in the next one!!