~ 29 ~

*******Flash-forward 6 months later*******
⚠️ Slight Golden Circle Spoilers If You Haven't Seen It Yet ⚠️

I looked around the corner, checked my sights, and ran across the hall to a dimly lit room.

"Hands up, each and every one of you!" I said loudly. Aiming right for the target.

The other people in the room all cowered in the corner with their hands shaking like leaves. But the target stood there calmly as I aimed at him and stepped closer.

"I never thought you'd catch me Haven. It's nice to see you. You've grown....in more ways than one." He said looking down at me.

"I don't know you...how could you possibly know me?" I asked, disregarding his comment.

"A close friend told me.....Robert Maxwell.....ring a bell?"

"How were you associated with him?" I asked, my breath hitching at his name.

"We were partners back in the day...he hired me to get info on your father...I was his under-the-radar sidekick. I'm surprised you all took this long to find me. See....your father worked for the company just like us....Robert and I were mad because he didn't deserve the promotion that he was getting. He always acted so humble like he couldn't believe he was getting it. We had a feeling he wasn't all he was cracked up to be.....so we looked him up, and we found something....I think you'd be interested in finding out what it is.....or do you just want to kill me?"

"Oh I've wanted you dead for a long time, but I'll need this information. For old times sake I guess."

"You'll have to get through me first."

"Getting through Robert wasn't a problem, why would I waste my energy on you?" I said as I clicked my pen, aimed it at him and shot a taser straight to his chest.

He fell back and shook violently for a second and screeched in pain.

I walked near him and sat by him as Harry and Taron led the other people out of the room.

"Now....about my father....what do you know?"

"He-he wasn't the loving father you always thought he was. He had a dark past...with your mother..." he said.

To my knowledge he was a loving man, who loved my mom very much....I have to keep my guard up though I can't show that I'm too interested in what he has to say.

"Ah....please elaborate Mr....Wilson is it?" I asked scanning his face with my facial recognition device.

"He-he was cheating on your mother the whole time....."

"He couldn't have...He was with my mom the whole time they were together. He never stayed out late. He never lied about where he was going."

"Or did he?" He asked laughing.

I kicked him in the ribs. Hard.

He let out a shout and then chuckled again.

"Here's the file with all of his endeavors with a certain Miss Francis of the accounting department in our company. You don't want to miss the part on page 73." He said winking.

Despite my trying to hold everything together, I flipped to that page all while stabbing my heel into Wilson's hand.

It read:

"Dearest Heather,

If you're reading this just know that although I love you and little Havie as much as the air I breathe, I just want you to know that I haven't been completely honest with you. Right now I'm at the bar about to get some drinks with the lads, but I'm here to mask the pain of what I'm about to tell you in this letter.