~25~

I slept on the couch last night while my mom slept in my bed. I wanted to spend the night there with her because tomorrow I could very well not come back alive. When I told her what I was doing, her face went white with worry. But I assured her that I would do my best and that it's to get back at Robert for killing my dad. I told her the risks and what I had to do, and eventually she accepted it. She knows that this is now my dream to work here, and I get to help her and myself in the process. It's just that overall it allows me to move on from my past and to embrace my new future, when many a time I thought I'd never see the day.

After lying there contemplating what I was to do tomorrow, I texted Taron. I have to admit that I'm nervous and just the thought of getting up tomorrow morning scares me. I have had to put on a front for so long in front of everyone but my mom and Taron at times, and I finally feel that vulnerable feeling that I've dreaded for so long.

My finger hesitated over the send button as I re-read my text.

Me: I can't sleep

Taron: why?

Me: because I'm...scared I guess. :/

Send.

I hate saying that I'm scared all the time, especially to him, even though I've broken down in front of him probably one too many times.

Taron: I understand. Do you want me to come over?

Me: if you want, I gave my mum the bed tonight so I'm on the couch.

Taron: haha ok. I'll be right over love.

Me: ok

I waited for him to come over and a few minutes later I heard a knock. I scurried over to the door, looked through the peephole, then greeted Taron with a hug.

Nothing was really said, because he knew why I was scared. But just being with him even while lying on this couch was enough to at least help me sleep. He held me in his arms and he eventually fell asleep as well. The both of us enjoying our time together.

********************************************

The helicopter blades roared overhead as Taron and the rest of us suited up for our departure. This morning we ate breakfast together and did one last bit of shooting at the range at Kingsman and then got into our attire.

I had a sleek black gown on with black heels and a garter with hidden weapon compartments. It stores a hand gun, detonating pen, hand grenade, and 12 bullets. The long leg-slit on the dress covers the garter and allows easy access to it as we make our way in. The Luxor is shaped like a pyramid and as we made it to Las Vegas, Debora went over the plan with us in our ear pieces.

With these we can hear her, Merlin, and Harry's orders, and if we hold down the button on our watches we can talk back to them.

"Agents, you all will be leaping from the helicopter to the 15th floor. Robert has his men stationed at the very top floors of the Luxor on the 28th, 29th, and 30th floors. You will all go to separate ends of those floors and attack at once. They won't know what hit them. After you all jump down you will laser out a hole in one of the vacant hotel rooms, relying solely on your harness to keep you from falling. Once inside, let us know, and then begin your ascent to the 28th floor. When you get there whether by elevator or stairs, notify us and then get into position and be ready. And if worse comes to worse, play the part of someone at this party and try to get in. Even if you have to wipe their memory with a memory dart."