Snape and Lupin

In the morning Lupin found himself being served a glorious pack of pancakes (they were really make for Harry), he hadn't made much process with little Harry yet but he was determined to get through to him. Snape was also surprisingly helpful when it came down to Harry, he left for groceries at noon leaving him to supervise over the toddler and then later on at night went down to his lap and restock the Hogwarts potion supply for the infirmary. It had been a week since he had been supervising Snape and Harry and he had barely had any argument with Snape, when Harry was asleep or playing with some truck he had bought him.

"Lupin stop staring" Snape turned around from where he was on the ground teaching Harry how to use the starting potions toy, "I'm sorry Severus but Dumbledores orders".

"Dumbledores orders do not consist of you looking into my every move" Lupin just stayed silent watching the two play, he never thought he would see the day that Severus Snape would be playing on the ground with a toddler. The entire time Lupin had been here Snape had not smiled once, not even with Harry yet the boy acted as though Snape was, maybe the child could sense the deep down Snape was intact happy.

It had gotten late and before Lupin knew it he and Snape were alone. This was the first time this had happened in the relatively short time he had been evaluating the two, Snape had run out of stock just yesterday and refused to go out with Harry or to leave them alone for an extended amount of time so they just sat there, in the living room both with a book in hand. Lupin didn't relies it but he and Snape started to talk to one another, but this was Snape here we're talking about so it was more just sarcastic retorts. It was all going well until he said it, he knew he was in the wrong but he wouldn't shut up, he just kept on talking, trying to justify what he had said but nothing was working Snape was getting angry.

"How dare you!" Snape shouted throwing the thick heavy book the werewolf's direction, "You come into my home, invade my personal space, eat my food, use my facilities, you don't even help, you don't pay bills or rent or any of the food yet you tell me how to live my life and try and predict the future of my family, how dare you!"

"Severus I didn't mean anything ab-"

"No? So you didn't then just assert your believes? You didn't just tell me how my life was going to end up? You didn't just tell me that my son will be taken away from me!" Snape's voice was getting louder by each rhetorical question and Lupin just cowered in fear as Snape approached him with heavy steps at that moment Snape seemed to grow muscled goat legs and thick ram horns. "Leave my house!" Severus bellowed his hand was held high and fell into Remus' cheek with all mighty force, so much so that he stumbled back a good few steps, "Leave!" so Lupin did just that, he took nothing with him he just ran whilst holding a hand against his abused check. Why do I always ruin everything good in my life? Remus thought after finding a small alcove to burry himself away from the slashing wind and burning cold, the full moon was closing in every night.

Back at the house little Harry was crying from the loud noises that came from down stairs, he was curled in a ball holding back his sobs 'little boys don't cry' his aunt and uncle always said to him but he was over run by fear and couldn't hold it in. Severus came into the bedroom unaware of Harry's crying, on his bed he sat tugging the ball underneath the covers onto his lap holding him to his chest.

"They won't take you away baby, I won't let them, you're my son" and they both cried into the other that night.