four

╔═══   *.·:·.   ☽   ✧       ✦       ✧   ☾   .·:·.*   ═══╗

Neither of them even noticed I came in. They were otherwise occupied.

I ran upstairs to the dorm that I shared with Daphne Greengrass. There were tears streaming down my face as I shut the door and sat on my bed. Daphne, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, Tracey and Draco were my only real Slytherin friends.

"Oh my god Celia what's wrong?" Daphne jumped up onto my bed and hugged me tightly to her chest.

Daphne had dead straight long blonde hair, which she tied at the nape of her neck into a long ponytail. She had electric blue eyes that sparkled with mischeif, unless she was sad.

"It's Draco. He- He" I sobbed furiously, finally being free to cry out all the tears I've been wanting to cry since Potions.

"He was snogging Pansy?" she sighed understandingly.

"Yes!" I wailed into her shirt

"I always thought you had a little thing for Draco" she cooed while slowly rubbing comforting circles on my back.

"I don't" I sniffled.

"It's quite obvious you're jealous" she said, somehow making these harsh and accusatory words sound soothing and gentle. That was Daphne's talent. Being soft and kind once you broke down her wall, but being tough and harsh to anyone she didn't trust.

"I'm not, I just, well, you remember what happened in the first year?" I asked her, my sobs slowing down due to my need to properly articulate how I felt.

"When Pansy was a backstabbing cow? How could I forget?" once again, Daphne sounded caring and loving, even though these words may sound harsh and unsympathetic.

"Yeah well, I just, I feel like he's betrayed me by seeing someone who was so horrible to me. And not only that, he was a little bitch when he told me today in Potions" I explained to her in the calmest manner I could muster.

"Well, how can he nicely tell his best friend, and probably favourite person in the world that he's dating someone they despise? Celia, you might not realise it but Draco really doesn't care about anyone at this school's opinion of him except for you. He told me so when I called him a little shit for stealing my Bertie Botts" she reassured me. I wasn't sure if she was being truthful or her kindness was compromising her honesty.

"He said that?" I asked pathetically. I was feeling pretty pathetic. I needed reassurance from her.

"Yes. But I know when you're telling the truth. He's done something to upset you" Daphne was being exactly what I needed right now.

I told Daphne exactly what had happened. She comforted me until I was exhausted from crying and lied down. I slowly fell asleep. I had a dreamless night and woke up feeling sad yet refreshed. I got dressed and ready and headed down to the Great Hall, and sat with the Gryffindors like I had promised Hermione I would.

"Hermione told us what happened" said Ron. He wasn't exactly the most tactful person, but it was one of my favourite things about him. His bluntness and honesty were always great sources of entertainment, when it wasn't directed towards me.