twenty-nine

╔═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╗

Draco

I pushed open the library door and I instantly saw Hermione. The library was empty as it was too early for most people to be there so she looked up at the movement I had caused. Surprisingly, she smiled at patted the seat next to her, motioning for me to sit down.

"Hey" I said softly, remembering it was a library.

"How is Celia?" she asked cautiously. It seemed she already knew things were great just by my body language, but she wanted to ask to be sure and make conversation.

"Celia? Oh, you mean my girlfriend?" I joked back.

Her smile only grew as she heard my words.

"If you were a hugger I'd give you a hug I'm that happy for you two!" she said, her whole self radiating happiness and elation.

'Fuck it' I thought and I opened my arms for a hug from her.

She looked at me in surprise and was quick to hug me as though she feared I would change my mind.

"I've done you a favour" I told her whilst I was still hugging her.

She pulled away. "You have?"

"Just for the record, I only do favours for my friends. Just so you know" My mouth formed the words and my voice spoke them before they had permission from my brain.

"Awww Draco. Thank you. May I ask what the favour was?" she questioned. Somehow, her smile had grown even larger, and it was almost as though I could see every single one of her teeth.

"I have some information for you, but you will need to help me formulate a plan to deal with it properly" I told her.

"Oh, of course. Tell me what you know Draco" She asked, taking my arm and slightly pulling on it as if to signal me to hurry up.

"I may or may not have been to the Gryffindor table and spoken to One Mr Ron Weasley" I said.

Her demeanour and smile completely fell. She dropped my arm and made the strongest eye contact with me I think she's ever made.

"You're kidding me aren't you?"

"Nope" I said. I hadn't realised what I said had alluded to the fact that I told Weasley her feelings, but now that I realised that was how she interpreted I decided I milked it.

"You're an asshole Malfoy. You're the first person I ever tell and I felt like I trusted you and you just completely... Well you... I guess you've.... Fucked me over"

I had never heard Hermione swear the whole time I'd known her, so to hear her say that I'd fucked her over I knew she was genuinely very upset and probably felt extremely betrayed. I decided it would be disrespectful if I continued to play this joke on her so I fessed up.

"Sorry Hermione. I gave you the wrong impression. I did not tell Ron your feelings towards him. I merely extracted his feelings towards you from him"I said.

She processed this information and looked up at me. "You promise?" she asked.

"I promise"