seven

╔═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╗

celia

"Celia!" I turned around quickly at the sound of my name. I instantly recognised the voice that called me. It was Harry. I'd finally get a chance to talk to him about Pansy's confession and hear his thoughts.

"Harry! Hey. Walk with me to Defence against the Dark Arts" I shouted from across the hall to him.

"Love to" he called.

"I heard about Draco" said Harry once he'd reached your side.

"Yeah..." I said. I hoped I sounded both confident and intrigued, but I wasn't too sure.

"And that's pretty shit for him, but I want to know how you are going" he asked sympathetically, his green eyes demonstrating brotherly love and protective instincts towards him.

Harry had done the one thing I hadn't wanted him to do. Make it about me. I didn't want it to be about me. Draco and Pansy were the ones suffering. I should be irrelevant to the situation. I shouldn't even be considered. This isn't me attempting to draw attention to myself by vehemently rejecting it, its me genuinely feeling as though my oppinions dont need to be considered.

I sighed, not rudely, more so exasperated and tired. "Don't make this about me Harry please. I'm not being forced into an arrange marriage-"

"But it is about you Celia" he cut me off. "Everyone in this school, including me, always believed that you and Draco would end up together" I scoffed at him. He mimicked me saying "Scoff all you want Celia but it's the truth. It just made sense. You knew everything about each other, both had powerful families. It just. Made. Sense"

"Not for me. It's never been like that. I've never even thought of us that way. Not even when we first met each other and he was all brooding and mysterious" It was difficult being friends with someone that to a matchmaker seemed quite obviously perfect for you. No one recognised that neither of us adamantly disagreed and harboured no romantic feelings towards the other. I frequently had to find myself asserting this without sounding like a schoolgirl denying her strong feelings towards her crush.

"You can only speak for yourself though. What if-" Harry attempted to justify his assumptions by claiming that I hadn't already thought about this highly improbable scenario.

"In the unlikely, almost impossible event that Draco loved me or even liked me in a manner that wasn't solely platonic, I would have to let him know I will probably never like him or love him in that way. Can you picture you and Hermione happily married with as many children as Mr and Mrs Weasley?" I posed the question on him to further my argument and hopefully make it harder to dispute.

"No, Merlin no, she's like my sister. We would never even, I can't imagine" Harry was quick to abolish any thought of a romantic relationship between him and Hermione.

"Exactly. I feel the same way"

"Dunno Celia, the whole school has been buzzing about Draco and Pansy, some saying it feels like fate has been interrupted" he informed me.

Bullshit.

"Fate it about to lead me to pop you in the snout Harry"