twenty-six

╔═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╗

celia

Hi Dad,

I have some news. For me, this news was happy, scary, exciting and unexpected, but when you hear it, you might want to slice me.

No, I'm not pregnant, before you ask. Having said that though...

I found my soulmate. Mum was an amherst (as you know), and apparently, I am too.

I didn't actually know this up until now, so you can imagine I was absolutely terrified when I received a tattoo I did not consent to.

You've probably already had a heart attack as you know what happens in order for the tattoo to develop.

I'll be honest with you, I'm not sorry. I was safe, responsible and respectful and will continue to be. I'm just sorry I didn't tell you when I should have.

I hope you're actually properly reading this letter and not scanning to find out who my soulmate is. Knowing you you probably are.

I wasn't expecting them to be my soulmate. Matter of fact, I don't even remember the process of it (you already know I don't shy away from a glass of wine so I know this one won't shock you).

I've had boyfriends in the past. You know about Dean Thomas and Lee Jordan. I don't mention Oliver Wood because that only lasted for about 3 days before I got sick of his non stop bragging about Harry as the Gryffindor Seeker. And I can confirm it is none of these boys. I already knew it wasn't going to be, because I never felt that spark or the connection one is supposed to feel with their significant other. It felt like they were my brother. So no tattoo from any of them.

Let me tell you the full story.

Draco becomes Pansy Parkinsons girlfriend. Yes, the one who alienated me from my friends in the first year. I was incredibly suspicious. She told me they were having an arranged marriage, and I believed her. That night, she was force feeding an incredibly ill looking Draco, and the cupcakes didn't smell like cupcakes. I took him up to my room to take care of him and he seemed confused. I discovered Pansy brewing amortentia and reported her immediately. She was suspended but decided to leave Hogwarts and repeat a year at Ilvermony because of all the schooling she missed out on. Draco began to feel confused about his feelings. He wasn't sure which of his feelings towards people were real, and which were the product of a potion. When he got back to school, I arranged a night for the two of us to get drunk together. Don't be mad dad. You always tell me to take care of my friends. So, we're drunk, and you can probably assume what happened next.

This is when things get complicated. Draco discovers he has a branch next to his name on the Black Family Tree, which only occurs after engagement, or discovery of an Amhersts connection. I discovered I was an animagus that had a patch of gold on my right shoulder. Hermione found a list of Amhersts and found mums name on it. I acted like I didn't believe them but I knew it was true. I stormed out of the library and into my dormitory. I looked at my shoulder. There it was, in gold, the words "Draco Lucius Malfoy".

I was scared dad. I felt like I was trapped in being soulmates with someone I was never going to have any romantic connection with. I was scared I was never ever going to be in love. You know how platonic me and Draco were. I cried myself to sleep and was visited by mum in my dream. She explained that I had always loved Draco, but had never known it. She's beautiful dad. I understand why you loved her so much.

Anyway, I woke up the next day with a foreign feeling. I felt in love, or should I say, aware that I was in love. Draco had written me a letter. I won't go into specifics, but essentially, he knew he loved me in the back of his mind but never wanted to admit it to himself.

So yeah. Draco is my boyfriend and my soulmate.

Please don't freak out. We're responsible. Besides, I'm 18. Give me a little bit of trust.

We're not engaged. We're not getting married. And I just want to reiterate I AM NOT PREGNANT.

Anyway, I love you with all my heart.

Owl me back with any questions you may have,

All the hugs and kisses,

Cecelia Valentine Love.

╚═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╝

I'm back bitches! I never do authors notes but I felt like I needed to explain somethings. This book and my whole wattpad account were temporarily put on hold because of some bad news in my family. I'm kind of ok now and getting back into writing feels great. I just needed some time to be there for my family and soak up all the love my friends could give me. PM me if you're also going through a bit of a rough patch, we can be there for each other. I don't know if anyone cares enough to my story let alone this message, but I just thought I'd leave it here. Sorry the update is so bland. I'm getting back into writing slowly slowly. More exciting chapters coming soon.

I hope you feel happy and fulfilled wherever you are in life and you are happy. Have a lovely day, rest of the day, afternoon, night or sleep if you're like me and read wattpad before bed.