sixteen

╔═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╗

celia

"It's about Pansy" he added.

Daphne gasped at let go of my arm, resting her head in her hands, elbows in the table, leaning closer to Draco from across the table in interest.

"Do tell!" she said eagerly.

I sighed, sitting down, giving up on finding out what was up with Hermione for now.

"What is it Draco?" I asked, impersonating Daphne's position. He smiled at me before beginning his sentence.

"Well, Pansy sent Tracey a letter, talking shit about Milicent for dobbing her in, and Tracey dobbed her in as well"

"Are you joking? How thick is this girl?" I sighed and shook my head. Pansy wasn't very smart.

I looked at Daphne and she rolled her eyes at me before turning her head back to face Draco.

"I know, but that's not all, because of this, another week has been added to her suspension"

My eyes widened and my lips involuntarily curled up into an open-mouthed smile

"And, because she's going to miss a little more than a month of school, her parent's have decided she's going to transfer to Ilvermorny, and retake the whole Seventh year" Draco said, his joy obvious in how he held his hands up, and how his whole face seemed so happy.

"So she's never coming back?" Daphne asked.

"Nope!" Draco responded, popping the p, another show of his happiness.

"Wow! That's so great! But what is she doing for the rest of this year?" I asked, mirroring Dracos joy.

"Uhm, I think Tracey said something about either working with the house elves in the Parkinsons home, or, working in some shop at Diagon alley" he answered.

"Damn" I said.

"So I never have to see her again!" squealed Daphne.

Daph never really liked Pansy, but tolerated her to minimise drama

"Yeah. Basically" Draco laughed happily.

"I gotta run, I want to tell Hermione and I have something-" I was interrupted by an incredibly flustered Crabbe, running to the table. I stopped talking immediately when Crabbes hands rested on the table while he stood upright. Crabbe never ran for anything, so I knew something was up right away.

"Draco, there's urgent mail from your mum waiting for you in the common room" he said.

Draco and I instinctively stood up, and I suddenly couldn't care less about Hermione in the library. I was just worried about Draco and his mum.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked, beginning to walk briskly to the common room, his eyes alert with fear.

"It said on the envelope 'Urgent, to be delivered to the common room of Slytherin, For Draco Lucius Malfoy'"

"But isn't mail usually delivered via the owls at breakfast?" I asked, scared stupid.

"That's why we're worried Celia" Crabbe nodded.

I grabbed Draco's hand and we ran as fast as we could to the common room. His hand was cold, and yet I could almost feel the adrenaline from fear pumping through his veins. We were the only ones there, it seemed Crabbe had stayed to keep Daphne company at breakfast. Or he just stayed to eat. Draco instantly spotted the envelope. Crabbe was right, it did seem urgent, and very scary. The envelope was white, with green all around the edges, typical of Narcissa.

Draco dropped my hand and swiped his palm along the table swiftly, picking up the envelope. He shoved his index finger through the paper, breaking the Malfoy seal.

His eyes quickly scanned the page before he cleared his throat and began reading it out loud.

The urgency of this letter made me assume the worst, and to be honest, I was terrified as to what it would say.

I was torn between not knowing but being on edge, and knowing and hearing bad news.

The way we found out about this letter made the possibility of good news seem slim.

I held my breath as Draco's unsteady voice filled my ears

╚═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╝