twenty

╔═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╗

celia

"Celia? Are you here? Draco said you'd be here and would most likely not go to lunch, so I brought you your favourite, Peanut Butter Sandwiches" Daphne called entering the room.

"I'm here Daphne" I called from the floor by the dresser, not caring that I was in my bra and jeans.

She walked deeper into our dormitory, and found me on the floor puffy eyed, tears streaming down my face and sobs racking my body.

"Celia what's wrong?" she asked, putting the sandwiches she'd gotten for me onto the dresser and kneeling down to me.

"I'm an Amherst. An Amherst is someone who has the name of their soulmate tattooed on their shoulder after they have sex" I cried into her shoulder.

"So? Celia that's so cool! You won't even have to bother dating! You'll just know who your soulmate is after one night with them!"

"No, Daph, look at my shoulder" I pulled away from her and showed her my shoulder. She squinted to read Draco's writing and her eye's widened.

"No, you don't mean-"

"Yes" I interrupted, crying harder into her body.

"Celia, I'm so sorry" she told me "But it's not all bad. At least it's not Goyle" she tried to make me smile.

"It's not fair Daph. For years I've toyed with the idea of having a soulmate. Of having a best friend that I have sex with. I've wanted someone who can be mine, that I can love more than anything, in a way I've never loved anyone before. This stupid thing means Draco's my soulmate. I can't have a soulmate that I'm going to be deeply in love with. I can't have a husband that I can love and cherish. I'm not saying that I don't love Draco with every part of me. I'm not saying I don't want him to be in my life for the rest of it. But the liberty of marrying who I want because I've fallen in love with them has been taken from me, and it's not fair Daphne. It's not fair. I'm never going to fall in love with Draco, I just can't imagine it. That night we were drunk has just ruined everything. We would never have had sex otherwise. But now that we have, I know something I never would've known, I never wanted to know, and there's no way I can take that away. I'm stuck being soulmates with a boy I don't even fancy"

"Celia, baby listen to me" she told me, holding my head in between her hands. "No one is going to take the liberty of you falling in love with someone from you. You've had crushes on boys in the past-"

"No I haven't Daphne. I've never told anyone this, but I didn't fancy Dean Thomas when I dated him. And I never knew why. I acted like I was his girlfriend but I didn't feel anything for him, so we broke up. The fling I had with that boy over the holidays, I so desperately wanted to like him, but I never did, and I was so confused why. We were perfect, and all our mutual friends wanted us together. He liked me, a lot, but I just couldn't reciprocate it. And now I know why" a sob took over my body so I couldn't finish my statement

"Because you were meant to fall in love with Draco" she finished for me. She sighed deeply. "This time of magic doesn't make mistakes Celia, destiny doesn't make errors, fate doesn't stuff up. I believe all of this has happened for a reason. It will all be ok" she cooed.

"Th-Thank you Daph, I love you"

"I love you too, so very much. You sound hoarse, do you want a glass of water?"

"Ye-Yes please"

The sadness that caused me to cry had left my system, and I was left with an empty feeling, while I sobbed slowly, stuttering my speech. I knew I was almost done crying.

"Let me get you a glass of water, I'll be back soon. Try eat some of your sandwich"

She smoothed my hair and kissed my forehead. Daphne reached for the sandwiches and passed them to me, leaving me in the room.

I have never been more thankful for Daphne Greengrass.

I got up from my spot on the floor, refusing to face the wall with the mirror for fear of seeing my tattoo. I climbed in my bed carefully, slowly eating small bites of my sandwich. The sobs had finally left my body, and I took some time to rest. It was hard for me to swallow because I'd sobbed myself hoarse.

Daphne came back with my glass of water and gave it to me, giving me a quick hug before she fetched her book.

"I'll be here if you need to talk about anything" she said

"Thank you Daphne"

I'd be thanking Daphne this for as long as I knew her.

I drank all my water and finished my sandwiches. I grabbed the first book I found from a pile next to my bed, and began reading it to distract my mind from depressing thoughts.

I must've read for a few hours, because it became dark and I grew tired. My eyes started drooping.

"Turn off the light Daphne" I said, before I fell asleep.

The darkness behind my eyelids soon turned to light.

I felt at peace.

I saw a bright light and a woman, about 20-30 years of age. She looked like an older version of me.

"Mum?" I felt myself call to her.

╚═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╝