five

╔═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╗

celia

I had managed to avoid Draco since the encounter at breakfast. We only had one class together which made it easy enough. Potions at period four then lunch.

I knew I had to talk to him sooner or later so I decided we could work in potions, then talk at lunch. I'd sit back at the Slytherin table and work this out with Draco.

You both sat down next to each other and waited for the class to begin in silence "Celia I need to talk to you" he said suddenly and urgently.

"I know, I want to talk to you too, but let's just get through this lesson then we can talk the whole of lunch" I replied. I wasn't in the mood to have another argument in front of a cauldron with him.

"Yes but I-" Draco was interrupted by Professor Snape.

"Is there anything you wish to announce to the whole class, Mr Malfoy?" the asshole sneered.

"No, Sir" Draco replied, redness on his cheeks, slightly embarrassed that the teacher had singled him out.

"Before I begin today's lesson I want to make a note on amortentia. As I realise it was the subject of last class, however, it seems I have inspired a student to brew their own sample, as Powdered moonstone has been stolen from my stores. Though Dumbledore thinks he has already found the culprit, a first year practical joke, I can assure you, lest he be wrong, the consumer will be discovered almost immediately. The consumer will suffer withdrawal symptoms such as severe vomiting, confusion and general illness should the potion not be administered frequently enough, or too frequently. If you notice these symptoms in any other student, please tell me immediately"

I smiled. I had seen these symptoms in none other than Fred Weasley, however, it was not from Amortentia, but from a strong fire-whiskey "mistaken" for an innocent glass of water.

"Today's lesson we will be covering polyjuice potion" Snape said. I'd already helped Hermione make a polyjuice potion for fun in the first year, so I knew roughly the steps to make it and the background knowledge.

Snape drawled on until I felt hunger growing in my stomach and became hopeful that it was nearly lunch time. The period ended and I rushed to the great hall to lunch with Draco hot on my heels.

"Celia!" I turned around to see who had called out to me. It was none other than an incredibly flustered Hermione Jean Granger. She rushed towards me.

"I need to talk to you" she said.

"I was about to talk to Draco" I said quietly.

"It's about Draco. And it's an emergency"

"Shit" I whispered "Draco?" I said louder so he could hear "I'm so sorry, Professor McGonagall has requested to see me, something about my transfiguration grade hanging by a thread. Do you have a study period after lunch?" I asked him this in a rush because I hated lying to him

"Celia, I think it's very important-"

"That she maintains her transfiguration grade? Me too. Thanks for understanding" Hermione said. She grabbed me by the arm and yanked me in the general direction of the transfiguration classroom as to not make Draco suspicious.