eight

╔═══   *.·:·.   ☽   ✧       ✦       ✧   ☾   .·:·.*   ═══╗

I entered the common room engrossed in an argument with Daphne. She seemed to think Oliver Wood's accent wasn't that drop dead gorgeous. Dumbass.

I couldn't even be bothered noticing Draco and Pansy but that doesn't mean they didn't completely occupy my thoughts.

I was beginning to lose my trust in Draco. I wasn't too sure if he was being 100% honest with me. It just felt like everything surrounding the two of us was just not working.

He really had only not told me about his arranged marriage and stood me up, but I still couldn't shake this paranoia that him and Pansy were playing some sort of trick on me, and were secretly laughing behind my back when I fell right into it.

I tossed and turned, itching to write my dad a letter I would probably never post, just so I could feel like I'd gotten it off my chest. The only other time I've had to write a letter to my dad and not post it because I couldn't bear to truly tell anyone how I've felt was in First Year, and since then, all my worries, concerns and fears I've told Draco. And he's always supported me. But now I wasn't so sure.

I was about to go up to get a glass of water when I thought I heard screaming downstairs. Coming from the common room.

I tried to shake the feeling that something was happening downstairs as I tied my robe, convincing myself it was all in my head.

The next scream was louder and clearer and I was still not certain it was real. I turned to Daphne who remained in slumber.

I had this dreamy haze over me where nothing seemed real, not even my own hand in front of my face.

It was the third scream when I knew it was very real and something was very wrong. It was Draco, and I heard him scream "Pansy! No! Fuck!"

I ran down the stairs in nothing but my pyjamas, robe and bare feet.

Upon my arrival I was taken aback by my surroundings. On the table in the middle of the room, there was an assortment of cakes, cupcakes, biscuits and even a jelly or two. Pansy had a cupcake in her hand and was straddling Draco, trying to force feed him.

You would think this room would smell faintly of sweetness, sugar, but strangely it smelt like familiar. It smelt like what I had associated with Hogwarts. With home. I wasn't sure why it specifically was so strong in this room.

The scent and layout of food was so surprising I didn't know what to do. I just stood dead still and observed.

"Pansy! Please, I've eaten too much today. I can't I'll be sick" He groaned, looking noticeably more pale than he usually did.

"Draco. You won't understand why you need to eat it until after you eat it" she warned him.

"Pansy I can't" Draco honestly looked like he was a few seconds away from throwing up.

My mouth dropped when Pansy literally tried to shove the fucking cupcake in Draco's mouth and he dodged it by moving his head to the side.

Even though I was completely silent, Draco turned his head and saw me. His grey eyes widened and he exclaimed "Celia!"

Pansy turned to look where Draco was looking, and he took the opportunity of her being off guard to push her off him and jump up and stand next to me.