twenty-two

╔═══   *.·:·.   ☽   ✧       ✦       ✧   ☾   .·:·.*   ═══╗

celia

'I love Draco' I thought.

As soon as I heard my thought in my mind I realised I was no longer asleep. I shot up into a sitting position. My hand instinctively went to my shoulder, were I knew Draco's signature was written. It somehow made me feel closer to him.

"Daphne" I said, sounding desperate.

"Yes?" she answered, worried, quickly looking up from my book. She was already awake. I didn't know how long for, but she was sitting up and reading

"I love him!" I exclaimed.

"Who?" she asked.

"Draco" I responded matter of factly. "My mum visited me last night in a dream"

"Celia," Daphne got up from her bed and sat on mine "You're not making any sense at all"

She pressed her palm to my forehead, then the back of her hand, as if she was checking my temperature. She was only joking, insinuating that I was sick, but she was still confused by my sudden outburst.

"I dreamt I was talking to my mum and, well, I'm in love with Draco" I explained. I tried my best to sound calm, but I sounded slightly hysterical, crazy even. I was just so excited to see my soulmate and tell him I loved him.

"Just last night you said you could never fall in love with him?" she questioned me. Her chin was angled down and her forehead was creased. She was more confused than she was concerned, but her tone was almost critical.

I was too happy to care.

"You can't fall in love with someone you've always been in love with!" I hugged her tightly.

"Celia, are you ok?" she asked.

"I'm better than OK Daph" I said. I threw the covers off my legs and jumped up. I pushed open all the curtains, and jumped on top of my bed. "I feel great!"

"Celia, sit down!" she hissed.

I realised I was being ridiculous, so I sat down cross legged next to her on the middle of my bed.

"Sorry, I'm being a bit crazy, I just, well, I'm in love with Draco Malfoy" I smiled.

Her expression and tone softened when she realised I was alright.

"Celia you're insane! So your mum came to visit you last night?" she asked. I could tell she didn't exactly believe me, she was just taking advantage of my current state of normality, well, relatively normal.

"No you dumbass" I laughed. "I dreamt my mum came to visit me, and we talked, and well" My thoughts went from Draco to my mum so fast.

Tears formed in the inner corner of my eyes and fell.

"And she told me Draco and I are meant to be, and there was so much I wanted to talk to her about, and now this dream, that didn't really happen, is my only memory of her"

It didn't feel like I was crying. And compared to last night, I wasn't really crying, I just had tears falling. Right now, other than my N.E.W.T.S, I had not a care in the world.

"Awww Celia" Daphne cooed. "What was she like? Your mum I mean". Daphne smiled sadly, knowing I would feel better once I talked about it a bit.

"She was incredible. She looked like me, but older. I don't think she aged since she passed away, but she seemed so happy, and so wise. She had such an elegant air about her. Just being in her presence felt so calming, and everything she did made me realise I wasn't weird, as I got it from her. I finally understand why people tell me I'm exactly like my mum. I truly am. When people used to tell me that, I felt weird, being compared to this dead woman I didn't even remember even though she'd given birth to me. But now when people tell me, I'll be so proud that I'm even the slightest bit, let alone exactly like her.

"It's such a weird feeling missing someone you never really knew, and I still don't know my mum, but I know what she's like. I know why my dad gets upset every time I do something that reminds him of her. I know why he sometimes calls me Amethyst, her name"

The tears kept falling but I didn't feel sad. I felt liberated.

"Celia I'm so glad you have a special memory of your mum. But tell me more about you and Draco" she sat cross legged.

"I love him Daph" I told her.

"What makes you say that?" she replied.

"My mum helped me to realise how much I love him. The way I understand him more than anyone else, how I could never love, or even fancy anyone else because I love him and how he makes me so happy are all indicative of how much I love him. And how he knows so much about me, his affection and how differently he treats me than other people is indicative of how much I love him" I gushed, feeling lovesick.

"I'm so ridiculously happy. Let me tell you a secret Celia" she told me, leaning closer to my ear even though we were alone in the room, which told me she was completely joking. "I always knew you loved Draco" she whispered.

I grabbed her head and pulled it to my chest, causing her to fall on top of me in a heap of laughs and happiness.

I jumped off the bed, telling her I was getting ready to go find Draco.

"Shoot, speaking of Draco" she said, sitting up properly. "He has something for you. A letter I believe? He said last night he had so many thoughts he couldn't think straight, so he wrote them all down. He wanted you to read it before you saw him today. Something about some things you had to know and he didn't want to mess things up by saying it wrong. I saw him in the common room when I went down to get my quill which I left down there, and he told me to give it to you as soon as you woke up. You'd better grab it, I left it on the dresser"

I glanced at the dresser, and sure enough, there was an envelope resting there. I picked it up and began reading out loud.

╚═══  *.·:·.    ☽    ✧    ✦    ✧    ☾    .·:·.*   ═══╝